RSS creation for pulling files from NAS

Hi,
I've got a NAS box running Plex, and I want to have NAS periodically scan the Humax for new recordings which have been decrypted. I think RSS would be a great solution, but can't see anything in the packages which creates an RSS feed of the Humax recordings, so thought I'd ask here to see what people thought. Does this sound like a sensible choice, or is there a better option? Is there a simple way of creating an RSS feed on the Humax or do I need to do all the heavy-lifting from the NAS on the pull-side?

Thanks in advance,
Andy

The diagnostic logs track activity, and could be parsed to see when material has been decrypted. Alternatively, you could configure sweeper to move decrypted recordings to a specific folder from where to retrieve them - or possibly even direct to the NAS (particularly if the NAS was mounted in the Humax file structure).

FWIW:

I use a program called Syncovery. I have it set to backup my important files, photographs, documents and stuff from my PC to my QNAP NAS. It is also set to copy recordings from my Humax to my NAS, where Plex 'picks it up'.

Syncovery is clever enough to detect if a file, or recording in this case, is new or has been changed or even deleted from either side (NAS or Hummy). I find it an invaluable tool.

Thanks both, and apologies for the late reply; I was expecting an email alert when I got replies but haven't had anything :(

Those are both good ideas, so I'll have a look into both and see what works best for me - anything I can automate is a definite thumbs-up in my book :)

I had, but hadn't got any emails. Strangely, without changing a single setting, I got an email with your above reply in(!). Oh well... :)

I had, but hadn't got any emails. Strangely, without changing a single setting, I got an email with your above reply in(!). Oh well... :)
You only get an email for the first reply posted until you visit the forum thread again so it is important to always visit the forum to read replies and not just read the email

The current forum setting is to
Include full message text in watched thread/forum notification emails.

With this option enabled, notification emails sent to users watching threads/forum will contain the full text of the message about which they are being notified. With this option disabled, they will need to visit the forum to read the message.

Odd. I've only had one email, and that was MymsMan's - I've had nothing else before or after, even though I've now been checking back on the main site. Hey-Ho, it's not a problem, just unexpected :)

Back