• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.1!

This upgrade brings a number of improvements including the ability to bookmark posts to come back to later. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and open a new thread for any questions, issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Runaway Recording IN PROGRESS!

MymsMan

Ad detector
From the nugget code I can see how that would cause the timer to be incorrectly reset, nice find!
Yes, but timers don't appear to be involved in terminating AR recordings
So a failure to correctly schedule the final timer might still be the cause of BH's padded BST runaway it is unlikely to be the cause of runaways with AR recordings where the final timer is not involved in normal recording termination.

MymsMan

Ad detector
I can confirm that skipping the next episode of a series whilst the current episode is recording is a reproducible way of creating a runaway recording!

This shows the timers for "Home is where the art is" before and after skipping Thursdays episode (Skipping Friday's episode first didn't upset the timer)
Code:
humax /mnt/hd2/mod/qtube/webif/plugin/qtube # nugget schedule.timers 21
 Slot           Stat  Type Time       Left
 ----           ----  ---- ----       ----
  21: 0x150ea78  2/ 1  3   1556126999   8433 Wed Apr 24 18:29:59 2019
humax /mnt/hd2/mod/qtube/webif/plugin/qtube # nugget schedule.timers 21
 Slot           Stat  Type Time       Left
 ----           ----  ---- ----       ----
  21: 0x150ea78  0/ 0  3   1556202570  83877 Thu Apr 25 15:29:30 2019
Note the program is scheduled for 15:45 to 16:30 so the 18:29:59 timer is two hours after the scheduled end

af123

Administrator
Staff member
I can confirm that skipping the next episode of a series whilst the current episode is recording is a reproducible way of creating a runaway recording!
If you have time, please can you test the new beta version (1.0) of nugget?
Otherwise I should be able to give it some exercise over the weekend.

MymsMan

Ad detector
I'll try some more skipping tomorrow
So far so good, I can successfully skip the next episode without causing a runaway
I also like the interpretation of the status in the nugget schedule.timers display

Have we finally conquered runaways caused by RTS
In general we are not supposed to be able to make changes to things which are in-progress, but I can't remember the mechanism; I'll have to refresh my memory.
The normal Schedule list display doesn't show the Opt+ button for recordings in progress but the 'Cancel recording' button is present in the Visual display and if selected gives every impression of having working including the 'Successfully unscheduled' pop-up message. I could not find any obvious log records to show failure but the recording was not unscheduled.
It would be best if the Cancel option was greyed out if any episode of the series was currently recording and Skip was greyed out for just the episode actually recording.

Unrelated but Very confusing - activity.log show Scheduled even when the action taken was Unschedule recording
Code:
25/04/2019 13:05:07 - Scheduled New: The Bay @ 1556136000

af123

Administrator
Staff member
Have we finally conquered runaways caused by RTS
Well what you found was definitely a bug that would cause manipulation of timers when they should be left alone, so it's very possible!

(I'll look at your other comments when I'm back home later)

prpr

If you have time, please can you test the new beta version (1.0) of nugget?
It still reports Nugget v0.99 is inserted. which is a bit confusing.

tuners.dump and schedule.entry are not in the help list either.

MymsMan

Ad detector
It's possible the same code is implicated, but I don't skip recordings.
AFAIK you have only had one runaway recording and that seems to have been related to the clock change rather than RTS unless you were playing with your recording schedule late at night!