Sagemcom BT/EE TV Box Pro

There is not a dedicated button for recordings but it’s only a couple of clicks from the main hub.
On a box who's main purpose in life is to record broadcast TV, it is ridiculous it doesn't have a dedicated button to go to the recordings. The HDR Fox T2 does.
 
On a box who's main purpose in life is to record broadcast TV, it is ridiculous it doesn't have a dedicated button to go to the recordings. The HDR Fox T2 does.
The HDR Fox T2 can’t record more than two programs, you take your choice, good job we are not all the same.

One button press and you can see that last few recordings on the main hub page. If you want to see everything then you go into My TV section and they are all there and there you also have quick access to all current timers set.
 
The HDR Fox T2 can’t record more than two programs, you take your choice, good job we are not all the same.
I can't remember the last time I wanted to record more than two programs at once. It used to happen a decade or more ago, but so much rubbish is broadcast these days.
 
Plenty of times I have more than three recordings going on at a time, I hate sitting through adverts so that extra recording ability is a big deal for me.
 
On a box who's main purpose in life is to record broadcast TV, it is ridiculous it doesn't have a dedicated button to go to the recordings. The HDR Fox T2 does.
One button press and you can see that last few recordings on the main hub page. If you want to see everything then you go into My TV section and they are all there and there you also have quick access to all current timers set.
The supplied remote doesn’t, but if any one who is OK with using IR instead of Bluetooth, the old plusnet youview remotes have a direct button to the recordings.

Avoid the plusnet remotes with a non-silver navigation buttons as they have the same fault as the BT slim-line youview remotes that have non-silver navigation buttons.
 
Last edited:
Plenty of times I have more than three recordings going on at a time, I hate sitting through adverts so that extra recording ability is a big deal for me.
Well, I run two HDR Fox T2s so I can record 4 things if I want. What I actually do is set both to record the same stuff, since one box has AR on and the other has it off. This also means when I go away for a few weeks, usually at least one of them is still running at the end and hasn't spontaneously locked up (it happens rarely, but apparently more often when I'm away...)
 
I thought that it was the same software regardless of whether it was a BT box or an EE box, unless yours is very old and can’t update to the latest software?.
Got the BT box in 2022 so probably regarded as geriatric these days. Certainly, I have had Android devices that get rev-locked by their hardware (c.f., Windows 11 and the spysecurity chip). The device is called TV-Box-Pro in the hub manager. Is there a screen in Settings that will tell me the software rev?
 
Got the BT box in 2022 so probably regarded as geriatric these days.
The EE/BT TV Pro Box was launched on 4th June 2021. The year you quote , 2022, is later than 2021. This means that your box being the latest EE/BT TV box is not ruled out.

The device is called TV-Box-Pro in the hub manager. Is there a screen in Settings that will tell me the software rev?
Go into settings and the options to look up both the model, and the current software versions (plural), are on the bottom row.

I'm curious as to why you couldn't work that out for yourself.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top