Samba Problem...

topcat888

Hi all

Just enabled samba on my Fox T2 and I now can see it on the network no problem, however when I try to transfer a file to the drive it says that there is no room and that I need to delete some files to make room... This isn't true as I have 1.5 gb unused... I can delete and transfer files to my pc (from the humax) just fine, I just can't transfer files to the humax ~ any ideas..??

Cheers

sorry, I meant 1.7tb left...

Untitled.jpg

Plus, forgot to say I can transfer using ftp no problem, just samba can't transfer to the humax..?

I just tried copying a 5GB file onto a drive with 1.4TB free using samba without any problems. I think your problem may be due to the /media share only appearing to have 60MB free, which can sometimes confuse the client. The workaround is to separately export the mounts under /media (or on the HDR, export /mnt/hd2). This would mean that inserted USB drives wiould no longer appear automatically as part of the share.

I just tried copying a 5GB file onto a drive with 1.4TB free using samba without any problems. I think your problem may be due to the /media share only appearing to have 60MB free, which can sometimes confuse the client. The workaround is to separately export the mounts under /media (or on the HDR, export /mnt/hd2). This would mean that inserted USB drives wiould no longer appear automatically as part of the share.

sorry, you've lost me here... where has the 60MB free come from..? and could you please explain your workaround a bit more for me..?

(USB drive wise, that is not a problem as I dont have one)

Thanks

/media is an in-memory filesystem which just contains links to the real content; it's quite small which appears to be confusing the CIFS client.

/media is an in-memory filesystem which just contains links to the real content; it's quite small which appears to be confusing the CIFS client.

oh ok, can you tell me the steps to take in order to fix the problem..?

Back