Samba

Brid

Forum Supporter
Happy New Year!
I have a Samba question. When I copy HD recordings using Samba from my hdrfox t2 I can load them into X Media Recode software to convert them to mp4 or anything for that matter but the converted file does not play. If I do them same with a non HD recording it will not even load into the X Media Recode software at all.

If I don't uae Samba but copy to USB stick both HD and SD recordings convert fine to any other format using the same converting software.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for getting back to me. I have auto-unprotect installed but I can't see any settings for it.

But do you have auto-decrypt or detectads running. If I remember correctly, auto-unprotect will only allow decryption of files copied to USB (or pseudo USB as in detectads or auto decrypt). No doubt someone will point you in the right direction in a mo, as my memory/understanding sometimes lets me down.

Not heard of either of those sorry. I can see them in the installable list of add ons anywhere?

Last edited:
Nice one Trev. I have read the link, added detectads and told the humax to decrypt everything. I am guessing that this is going to take a long time sp I will return to it in a few days.

Back