Save Last Streamed Content

quarkrad

I tried to save a streamed 1 hour program and it started the saving process the normal way - then a message appeared on the screen Refreshing Page. The page did refresh and the saved file was of the order of 500Mb rather than, say, 2Gb. Any advice on why this happened appreciated.

Have you checked the result? 500MB sounds OK for a 1 hour MP4.

The other thing that may have happened is the streamed file never completed - were you monitoring it, or just assumed it had completed?

I tried to save a streamed 1 hour program and it started the saving process the normal way - then a message appeared on the screen Refreshing Page. The page did refresh and the saved file was of the order of 500Mb rather than, say, 2Gb. Any advice on why this happened appreciated.
In addition to what Black Hole said you could try playing a few seconds of the credits from the end of the MP4 download to give you confidence as to whether or not it downloaded OK.

If it didn't work properly take a look at the youtube-dl package as a more reliable way of downloading BBC programmes

Apologies to all - I completely forgot about yotube-dl. The hunax portal has always appeared (to me) to add very little value. I have downloaded the program I wanted via youtube. Thanks.

Back