Saving last streamed content

I get crashes starting up the portal regardless of WebIF.

Not seen that one. My crashes have only occurred once a stream has been selected and while iPlayer is trying to start it with the loading circle rotating.
The only indication of the crash is a "Rebooting" 10 second countdown message on the front panel display after which a full system restart occurs.

Now downloaded over 50GB of stream data without a single crash.

Mine doesn't generally crash once it has established itself, only while the portal itself is loading up or when iPlayer is starting, or if I inject too many commands in quick succession. Once the download has started it is reasonably reliable.

Mine doesn't generally crash once it has established itself, only while the portal itself is loading up or when iPlayer is starting, or if I inject too many commands in quick succession.
I do so more crashes than I think is acceptable with the latest incarnation of iPlayer and in my case it is usually the "inject too many commands in quick succession" problem.

I have just completed downloading the two Proms from July 14 after initially having the Hummy crash every time I started downloading. So, as a shot in the dark, I initialized the apps from the Portal start screen (via the blue Settings button) and that seems to have fixed the problem.

I tried reinitialising the apps just now, exited from the portal, waited a bit then went back in. The box crashed.

Has anyone else noticed that there doesn't seem to be a way to exit from iPlayer back to the portal home screen? I press "back" and it asks me if I want to leave iPlayer, I select "yes" and it just takes me back to the iPlayer home screen. It looks like the only way out of iPlayer is to exit the portal altogether by pressing "exit". (One of the portal's own functions does something similarly unhelpful, but I can't remember which one now.)

I tried reinitialising the apps just now, exited from the portal, waited a bit then went back in. The box crashed.

Has anyone else noticed that there doesn't seem to be a way to exit from iPlayer back to the portal home screen? I press "back" and it asks me if I want to leave iPlayer, I select "yes" and it just takes me back to the iPlayer home screen. It looks like the only way out of iPlayer is to exit the portal altogether by pressing "exit". (One of the portal's own functions does something similarly unhelpful, but I can't remember which one now.)
Try pressing the TV Portal button on the remote control handset again.

Back