Schedule Auto Backups

hummybee

Hi all

Power Off Timer was set to 2.15 and on the 28th October Auto Backup occurred at 02:08 as normal.

From 29 October, Auto Backup now happens when I manually switch on (out of standby).

I did set Power On Timer to 18:00 but as I normally manually switch on (from standby) before 18:00, this has now been turned off.

Why has Auto Backup changed from just before power off to just after power on?

Thanks for your help.

My understanding is that Back-up usually happens a short time after turning on from standby, however there is also 'do-it-every-day' mode for users who never turn their Humax off, which is shortly after 2am, so if it is awake at say 2:08am the backup will take place then and if not it will take place shortly after turn on from standby

The auto backup happens on the first power-on of the day or, as Ezra says, at shortly after 2AM if the box is left on.

Power Off Timer was set to 2.15...

I did set Power On Timer to 18:00 but as I normally manually switch on (from standby) before 18:00, this has now been turned off.
Having unmatched power-on / power-off (ie one set without the other) is known to cause misoperation.

Thanks Ezra Pound and af123.

I had changed power off to 01:00 so that explains why it's happening.

Hi Black Hole.

Does the fan come on when recording in standby?

I'm not sure so set power on to 18:00 so that if I'm out I know the fan will come on.

Would appreciate confirmation regarding the fan being on or off when recording in standby.

Yes the fan comes on, the only time it didn't was when started up in CF maintenance mode, but that's been cured now.

Hi Black Hole

That's great. Thanks for your quick reply.

I did check but it's so quiet and low speed (40%) even when I know it should be on.

Thank you all for your help.

Would appreciate confirmation regarding the fan being on or off when recording in standby.
The Fan will operate when recording from standby because it's not really in standby, however until the hard disk gets up to 55 Deg. C the fan will be on minimum (which is zero when 'fan' isn't installed) so you won't see or hear it spinning. If 'fan' is in operation then it will be running at the 'fan' rate as soon as it starts recording from standby

Thanks for the explanation/info Ezra Pound.

I do use 'Fan' (IMO, a great addition to the already excellent CF) set at 40%, so my Humax is very quiet all the time.

Back