Schedule backup restore after re-tune

Wallace

Traveler 34122
Having just undertaken a channel scan for the forthcoming new HD channels I have noticed that BBC One has been renamed BBC One NWest. As a result any scheduled recordings I had programmed for the previously named BBC One, have been lost on the restoration of the backed up schedule.

Not a big issue, but it will also have a knock-on effect in other regions is suspect.

I just wanted to make you aware.

I have noticed that BBC One has been renamed BBC One NWest. As a result any scheduled recordings I had programmed for the previously named BBC One, have been lost
I would have thought that the schedule entry used the LCN number rather than the channel name, obviously not

I would have thought that the schedule entry used the LCN number rather than the channel name, obviously not
When restoring? A fair few retunes have resulted in channels moving around.
I suppose that it could use the LCN as a fallback if the channel name isn't found.

I though we had seen changes in channel name say Five Star to 5* (theoretical example) without this disrupting restoration of the backed up schedule

No - the restore is keyed to channel name. I've just uploaded a new version of webif that falls back to the LCN if the channel name isn't found. Also pulls in a new channelicons package (although just using the standard BBC ONE icon for all regional variations)

Not a big issue, but it will also have a knock-on effect in other regions is suspect.

Yep, looking at the channels that devices have uploaded to RS:

Code:
BBC ONE NI
BBC ONE Scot
BBC ONE Wales
BBC ONE HD
BBC ONE NI HD
BBC ONE Yk&Li
BBC ONE W Mid
BBC ONE West
BBC ONE Lon
BBC ONE South
BBC ONE Yorks
BBC ONE OXF
BBC ONE NWest
BBC ONE NE&C
BBC ONE E Mid
BBC ONE East W
BBC ONE East E

I guess, (If they ever get around to sorting out the HD regions) that we will see the same set of regions for the HD equivalents e.g. from BBC ONE HD to BBC ONE NWest HD etc.

Just retuned. (Winter Hill) What a mess!
Reorder did a reasonable job, but the schedule backup was rubbish - had stuff for E4 set to record on BBC3 (and on the box itself, not just the Webif page). I deleted the lot and re-entered them manually. All OK now bar a few C5 series hashes - normal :)

Only the SD BBC channels are regionalised; the HD ones are just HD.

Strange. The only problem I had, also Winter Hill, was with the schedule recordings I had set for 'the old BBC One' not being restored. All others (admittedly not on E4 or BBC3), restored correctly.

The problems I had may have been partly self-inflicted. Because the last retune went a bit south due to (I think) package clash between Reorder and Channeldel I got more involved this time.
Before starting I made sure I had backups, and in some cases printouts, of all the 'data' - schedule, Channeldel list, etc. and disabled Channeldel
After the (manual) tune and a reboot I ran Channeldel, rebooted again, and then spent some time with Reorder changing some of the numbering to incorporate the new channels into my preferred order, and rebooting again.
Having done that I then imported the schedule backup, which went awry. I thought this was because the channel numbers were different but I see from above that it looks for names, so I'm a bit baffled as to why it failed so spectacularly.

It could be related to the changes I made recently although if didn't see any problems in testing. It should only fall back to channel numbers if it can't match the name.

I'll go some further testing.

Is this issue likely to affect auto scheduling in Remote Scheduling where reservations are made on specific channels?

Just for info when I did my retune from the North East all of the programmes came back as being recorded on MovieMix. That included a mix of programmes on BBC and ITV.

I auto update packages so would have been on the version of webif updated on Tuesday.

I can see that BBC ONE name would have changed but can't work out what could have caused a default to MovieMix or why that also affected ITV.

Guess it was looking at LCN's but that still does ot explain it.

I guess, (If they ever get around to sorting out the HD regions) that we will see the same set of regions for the HD equivalents e.g. from BBC ONE HD to BBC ONE NWest HD etc.
It looks like this is planned for some time in 2014, link HERE,
there is currently one single version of BBC One HD for England, but the introduction of further English regions in HD is planned for 2014.

I have just encountered a strange problem after a retune / backup restore, the re-tune found a new MUX called LC (Local TV) and added two new channel IDs called 791 = Local TV Test1 and 792 = Local TV Test2 at this point I obviously had no recording schedule or favourites so I re loaded a manual back-up I did half an hour earlier only to find that 9 of the items in the schedule now had either 791 or 792 as their channel numbers and sure enough when the first one came up instead of recording Liberty of London on channel 4 HD it recorded channel 792 which is a blank screen with a test tone, not too useful, has anyone else seen this ?
791-2.png
EDIT
After a bit more study of the schedule, it has transposed just two channels i.e.

102 BBC TWO HD changed to 791 = Local TV Test1 and
104 Channel 4 HD changed to 792 = Local TV Test2

I've been trying to figure out why my restore after a retune swapped BBC1 for MovieMix

Only thing I've come up with so far is that BBC1 is the first channel on one Mux and MovieMix the first on another

But not really getting anywhere in understanding the logic

I had a similar issue yesterday. I retuned and restored the kids HDR and the Channel 5 events restored correctly but all the Cbeebies (71) scheduled events restored as CBBC (70).

BBC1 has disappeared from the webif EPG and rs EPG this morning on my box. Retune later. :(

Mmmm. I have just checked the TV EPG and the Humax onscreen guide and both have BBC1 East at the top of the list.

Back