Schedule backup restore after re-tune

I have found the problem. BBC1 has been removed from my Favourite list. I haven't done it.

I have just completed a manual re-tune followed by a schedule restore and a re-boot. Nothing in my schedule.
Updated all packages and re-tried. Still nothing.
Re-store gave under-noted message.
Web interface version: 1.0.7-9
Custom firmware version: 2.17 (build 1699)
Humax Version: 1.02.32
Restoring scheduled events from /mod/var/backup/auto-2013-Dec-02-18:22.rbk... Restoring Last Tango in Halifax No change in channel service. Restoring Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy No change in channel service. Restoring Have I Got News for You No change in channel service. Restoring Strictly Come Dancing No change in channel service. Restoring Atlantis No change in channel service. Restoring Borgen III No change in channel service. Restoring Katie Morag No change in channel service. Restoring The Paradise No change in channel service. Restoring favourite channels...

I will hopefully find time to look at this tonight. There seems to be a problem with the current webif package in this regard.

I have done a retune because I had lost Drama 20. Tried schedule restore afterwards and things have gone haywire.
Will re-enter my schedule manually and make a fresh backup. I will see what happens tomorrow.

Last edited:
i decided to retune today to pickup channels like bbc four hd but on my freeview didn't pick it up but i did read on www.a516digital.com it says only pick up in some areas I'm in south west England can any one else pick them up, but the biggist problem i got at the moment is with custom firmware everytime i back up my scheduled recordings and recan for channels and when it finishes i restore my scheduled recordings and go on my freeview and look on scheduled list some of my recordings saying wrong channel it suppose to record on like holby city suppose to record on bcc one hd but it says its going to record on bbc three hd is there fix for this?

In the Central TV area COM 7 the Mux that holds some of the new HD channels like BBC Four HD has been tested but won't be turned on permanently until the start date i.e. the 10th DEC, It may be the same in the South West Region

Ah! Sounds like I'm not alone then! phew!

Retuned and tried to restore schedule from backup. Can't get anything back.

Rg.

I decided to retune today to get the new HD channels.

I backed up the schedule before this ready to manually restore it after the retune.

The retune went fine (manually selecting the transmitter as always) but I cannot get the schedule to restore.

I've done this sequence a few times previously when channels have moved around with no issue.

My schedule currently shows 2 items when there should be around 20 if not more.

Well I had to manually add a program that was going to record at 18:30 so added them all back in manually.

What can I do to try and resolve the issue?

As per my posts above I have manually added in my schedule after a retune.

For the life of me I can't remember how to set the box to wake up in the night so that it adds any remotely scheduled programs I have set.

The safest way is to add a daily reminder with Guide >> Schedule >> New Reservation, just pick a channel, a start and stop time, Repeat = daily and Mode = Reminder

For the life of me I can't remember how to set the box to wake up in the night so that it adds any remotely scheduled programs I have set.
It should already be waking up at 4:30 each morning, this will add RS programmes.

It should already be waking up at 4:30 each morning, this will add RS programmes.

No because I had the I have the disable-ota package installed.

Somehow on the schedule I had the box set to wake up 02:00 to 02:30 every night.

EDIT: Found it, it's on the RS Portal schedule.

I keep forgetting that each way of interacting with the Humax has different commands.

That would explain that, as I don't use disable-ota, and in 3 plus years of HDR-FOX T2 ownership, I have never received an OTA update.

Somehow on the schedule I had the box set to wake up 02:00 to 02:30 every night.

EDIT: Found it, it's on the RS Portal schedule.

I keep forgetting that each way of interacting with the Humax has different commands.
It seems to me you need to read Things Every... (click) section 4.

webif 1.0.7-10 fixes the schedule restore issue. Sorry for any inconvenience, it's been hard to find time of late!
A new rescan and restore worked for me - Thanks. Unfortunately still no sign of COM7 (BBC Four HD etc.) in the Central TV area, with 5 days to go ! !

Back