Schedule restore - minor bug

MymsMan

Ad detector
I saved my recording schedule prior to going on holiday and then deleted the daily recording schedule entries that I didn't want to build up whilst we were away. On return from holiday I restored the backup to reinstate the normal recording schedule.

This worked well for all the currently scheduled recordings with no duplicated entries but I noticed duplicate entries for the 4:20 wakeup reminder and all finished recording entries

This is no big deal - I can easily remove the duplicates but I thought I would mention the problemHumax HDR Fox T2 (Humax) - Mozilla Firefox 23062015 222518.jpg

Schedule restore presumes an empty canvas, and just adds the backed up schedule back in (hence duplicating anything that is already there). What is more of a surprise is anything not being duplicated.

Schedule restore presumes an empty canvas, and just adds the backed up schedule back in (hence duplicating anything that is already there). What is more of a surprise is anything not being duplicated.
The warning on schedule restore is:
Code:
Are you sure you wish to erase all scheduled recordings and favourite channels and then restore them from
Before holiday backup-2015-Jun-10-15:37?
Which implies the existing entries will be deleted by the restore process before the schedule is restored leading to no duplicates.

I actually like the fact that it did merge the old and new schedules since I didn't lose entries that I had added via RS whilst away but the merge of finished items and reminders didn't work as well as for active schedule entries.

Back