Scheduled Events Disappearing

Unfortunately this is one of those faults that only appears over a long period, so it looks like we're going to have to wait for more people to have the problem and provide the situations where the problem appears to be able to narrow down where the fault is.

Regarding the 'new series' problem this was a program where 'series 1' ended on one day and 'series 2' started the next day, does that mean that you have to keep an eye on when one series of a program ends and the next series of the same program begins and have to set a new series recording schedule, the program was Stargate Atlantis on Pick TV. they tend to broadcast all of the episodes 1st series to last series with no break.

Scheduled events can fail to restore if the process can't find the right channel following a retune. It will try and find the right channel by name first and then just use whatever channel has the same logical channel number after that. During a manual restore an error message appears on the screen so you can go and do something about it but with an automatic restore you might not notice.

Regarding the 'new series' problem this was a program where 'series 1' ended on one day and 'series 2' started the next day, does that mean that you have to keep an eye on when one series of a program ends and the next series of the same program begins and have to set a new series recording schedule.
Usually yes. It depends on the data the broadcaster puts in the EPG but if they use a different series ID for the new one then it won't automatically link. You can use the custom firmware remote scheduling service to automatically schedule series based on name.

I restored the schedule using the manual backup I made just prior to the retune.

The items that didn't restore and missed being recorded were on the following channels:

BBC Two HD
ITV HD

Unfortunately this is one of those faults that only appears over a long period, so it looks like we're going to have to wait for more people to have the problem and provide the situations where the problem appears to be able to narrow down where the fault is.

Regarding the 'new series' problem this was a program where 'series 1' ended on one day and 'series 2' started the next day, does that mean that you have to keep an eye on when one series of a program ends and the next series of the same program begins and have to set a new series recording schedule, the program was Stargate Atlantis on Pick TV. they tend to broadcast all of the episodes 1st series to last series with no break.

I was talking about this earlier today in the series link on pick TV thread I started today. Black hole offered a solution. Have a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back