Scheduled events feature request

G4DDS

Thanks to Raydon and others for the excellent work on the custom firmware.

I was wondering if the scheduled recordings page could be updated so that it shows the folder location that series recordings will be made to in a similar way that af123 does on the FOX T2?

I would provide a screenshot but posting this on an Android tablet so I won't even be attempting it.

I was wondering if the scheduled recordings page could be updated so that it shows the folder location that series recordings will be made to in a similar way that af123 does on the FOX T2?

I would provide a screenshot but posting this on an Android tablet so I won't even be attempting it.

You would have a much better chance of getting an answer at AVForums which has the main thread for the Foxsat-HDR variant to the Custom Firmware. Although Raydon frequently thanks AF123 for help with packages ported from the HDR FOX T2 CF hosted here.

So exactly where is this folder location you speak of ?

Foxsat HDR
Foxsat.png
HDR Fox T2
FoxT2.png

Last edited:
Managed to work out how to screen grab on Android. Here is my FOX T2 schedule.Screenshot_2015-12-28-20-36-02.png
As you can see that if the name of the programme differs from the series link folder name then it displays the folder name in brackets.

But then the HDR-FOX WebIF offers the chance to modify the target recording folder. Is the same facility available in the Foxsat CF?

But then the HDR-FOX WebIF offers the chance to modify the target recording folder. Is the same facility available in the Foxsat CF?
Indeed it is. There is a 'Rename Folder' option in the Opt+ menu. Selecting this option will display the current folder name so what the OP is requesting is already available via a couple of mouse clicks. Just not quite as obvious.

As Raydon says it has a similar rename facility via the schedule but additionally if you rename an existing folder (from the media browser) for a series that you currently have recordings for it will automatically update the corresponding series link entry and vice-versa if you update the series link entry it will automatically rename any existing folder so quite more advanced than the FOX T2.

Last edited:
Indeed it is. There is a 'Rename Folder' option in the Opt+ menu. Selecting this option will display the current folder name so what the OP is requesting is already available via a couple of mouse clicks. Just not quite as obvious.

It's handy to have it a little more in your face. Don't worry if you don't have time or it gets pushed down the priorities list I just thought there would be no harm in asking.

I set a couple of series links up at the same time and even though I swear I changed the folder location on both it wasn't until the recordings happened that I could see that only one had been updated. I will put it down to a mistake on my behalf but it seems odd because I swear I did both.

Last edited:
If the Foxsat is the same as the HDR-FOX in this respect, you need to ensure there is a reboot between the alteration of the target folder and the actual recording taking place.

As Raydon says it has a similar rename facility via the schedule but additionally if you rename an existing folder (from the media browser) for a series that you currently have recordings for it will automatically update the corresponding series link entry and vice-versa if you update the series link entry it will automatically rename any existing folder so quite more advanced than the FOX T2.
I'm not convinced that would be the desired action in every case.

If the Foxsat is the same as the HDR-FOX in this respect, you need to ensure there is a reboot between the alteration of the target folder and the actual recording taking place.

I always plan in advance to ensure that at least a couple of reboots occurs before the recording is due as I don't like forcing manual reboots from the web interface.

Point taken about the interaction between the scheduled events and media folders; I suppose the sweeper package can be used to sort out the renaming and reorganisation of the media folders (don't have sweeper installed personally but now roughly what it does)???

Not trying to convince you of anything, just stating facts. Had no complaints about this feature from any Foxsat owners.
Point taken about the interaction between the scheduled events and media folders; I suppose the sweeper package can be used to sort out the renaming and reorganisation of the media folders (don't have sweeper installed personally but now roughly what it does)???
There is no sweeper package for the Foxsat HDR.

I think I would be pretty pissed off if (for example) renaming the target folder for Strictly Come Dancing to Strictly 2015 resulted in my folder for Strictly 2014 being renamed and all the recordings being lumped together. It wouldn't happen with the HDR-FOX CF, and it seems a weird behaviour to have as a default when the same can be achieved (on occasions that warrant it) quite easily, manually.

Just making an observation.

I think I would be pretty pissed off if (for example) renaming the target folder for Strictly Come Dancing to Strictly 2015 resulted in my folder for Strictly 2014 being renamed and all the recordings being lumped together. It wouldn't happen with the HDR-FOX CF, and it seems a weird behaviour to have as a default when the same can be achieved (on occasions that warrant it) quite easily, manually.

Just making an observation.
Would you maintain a stale entry for a completed series in the schedule expecting to pick up the start of the next series in the following year ? That's the only scenario for the event you describe to happen. I would simply remove the stale entry from the schedule and rename the Strictly folder to Strictly2014 if I wanted to keep each series separate. A new schedule entry made for Strictly the following year would then create a new Strictly folder.

It was only an (artificial) example to illustrate the issue. I don't expect you to agree with me - that's a given.

It was only an (artificial) example to illustrate the issue. I don't expect you to agree with me - that's a given.
I would agree if your point was valid. Give us a real, or better artificial example, to illustrate your perceived issue, or just admit your assessment was not thought through properly in the first place.

Last edited:
Not trying to convince you of anything, just stating facts. Had no complaints about this feature from any Foxsat owners.
There is no sweeper package for the Foxsat HDR.

No complaints from me. I should have clarified I was talking about the T2 regarding the sweeper package.

I should also correct myself earlier when I said I had not got sweeper installed; in fact I do but the only rule I have setup or need is the one that handles folder and media renaming to remove the annoying "new" prefixes. Put that down to getting old and confusing myself with the newk package which does this on the Foxsat.

Well, it would appear that BH is either unwilling, or unable, to back up his claim of a perceived "issue" on a PVR he doesn't even own, with any kind response that is not completely full of holes. What I will say about this, is that the Foxsat HDR's functionality regarding series folders is completely different to that of the HDR Fox T2. That does not mean it is better or worse, and it's not weird at all, just different. The function on the Foxsat HDR is called "Rename Folder" whereas on the HDR Fox T2 it is named "Change Folder". Notice the subtle difference ?

Last edited:
There is a conceptual difference. The HDR-FOX CF method doesn't merely rename a target folder and patch up the recording schedule; it provides the means to start accumulating subsequent recordings into a different folder. I regard this as the more flexible method, as the Foxsat CF effect can be created with it (create new folder, move existing recordings, delete old folder) but the HDR-FOX CF effect can't be created with the Foxsat CF (except with unintuitive manipulation: rename old folder, create new folder, restore name of old folder). If you have been monitoring traffic you will know that I have proposed an extension for the HDR-FOX CF which can encompass both:

http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/webif-web-interface-1-2-4.6484/page-8#post-91360

I didn't intend to start an argument, it just struck me as odd that you would want to do it that way, but then I am aware you are very defensive so I should have realised it would be taken as an argument.

Neither method is perfect. What should actually be implemented is for the WebIF media browser to patch up any existing series recording schedule entry if a relevant folder is renamed (which as far as I know doesn't happen at present), and for the schedule browser to offer to rename an existing relevant folder or create a new one in response to changing the target folder on a series entry.

I didn't intend to start an argument, it just struck me as odd that you would want to do it that way
There is nothing odd or weird about it. Rename means Rename, not Create New, and would not be interpreted by Foxsat owners to mean anything else.
What should actually be implemented is for the WebIF media browser to patch up any existing series recording schedule entry if a relevant folder is renamed (which as far as I know doesn't happen at present)
Already implemented on the Foxsat HDR
and for the schedule browser to offer to rename an existing relevant folder
Already implemented on the Foxsat HDR
or create a new one in response to changing the target folder on a series entry.
Deemed to be unnecessary on the Foxsat HDR (unless users tell me different).
Why would anyone want to create a new folder part way through a series, effectively splitting up the current series ? To me it is the T2 implementation which is odd and weird, but unlike you, I don't feel the need to imply that it is inferior in any way. Like I already said, the concepts are slightly different, but whether af123's method is better or not is purely a matter of opinion.

Last edited:
Back