Scheduled recordings consistently fail (Raydon v4.1.3)

andrewbt

Hi all

I'm having a problem where scheduled recordings fail, I think due to inconsistent times in the system, and I'm hoping someone might be able to help.

I'm running v4.1.3 of Raydon's custom firmware (and recommend it to anyone who's not tried it) and I'm based in Europe - one hour ahead of the UK. The system time (shown on the front of the box when it's off) is UK BST which I'd expect, and if I telnet into the Humax and run the date command it's the same.

When I go into the Guide on the Humax/TV the time shown at the top of the page is one hour ahead of the system time - local time for me - and the TV listing shown aligns to the guide time shown at the top. I can scroll back to BST time and do an immediate recording of something that is playing. If I try to schedule a future recording it seems to accept the scheduling, but ultimately fails. There's an entry in the media guide for the item but a "broken" icon against it, and opening it gives the notice "Recording has failed. Unknown Reason".

I've searched forums but haven't seen this specific problem. There was a similar issue with BST with an earlier version of the Raydon software but later versions fixed it from what I saw on the forums. System info in the Raydon web interface shows the last housekeeping boot 04:00:19 last night and confirms v4.1.3 which I've been running for a few days.

I'd be very grateful for any ideas on how I might solve this.

Thanks

Andrew

That could be it thanks Graham, I'd not been looking for a Nowster update.

Which is the Nowster patch - Settop Patch 4.0.9utc?

I couldn't see the Nowster patch directly referred to on the page and the first links were the ones I used to get the 4.1.3 Raydon version. I tried the Settop Patch 4.0.9utc link but booting with the .opk file it downloaded didn't seem to do anything.

Thanks

Andrew

That could be it thanks Graham, I'd not been looking for a Nowster update.

Which is the Nowster patch - Settop Patch 4.0.9utc?

I couldn't see the Nowster patch directly referred to on the page and the first links were the ones I used to get the 4.1.3 Raydon version. I tried the Settop Patch 4.0.9utc link but booting with the .opk file it downloaded didn't seem to do anything.

Thanks

Andrew

That was it - I didn't see it had installed, spotted the log file later. All working now & many thanks for your help. Thanks also to Raydon & Nowster - amazing work.

Andrew

Back