Scheduled recordings failing...

The quality/ strength bars are not continually updated, they are only set during tuning, in your case you only tuned one MUX, so only one MUX has any info, the info. for the other MUXs was removed at the same time

Sorry Ezra, I am not entirely sure that I follow your explanation. Are you saying that this functionality is not available if I do a manual retune, because only data from the last tune operation is logged? A manual retune is a necessity to many and often advised.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

A manual retune zeroes the strength/quality values for ALL the other muxes and only sets the values for the mux. which you are adding. It's another stupid Humax bug. It could be worked around with a bit of effort.

Last edited:
Your MUX info. shows that you are only receiving from one transmitter, i.e. Crystal Palace, I would have expected CH23 to show BBC A and CH35 to show COM8 rather than Unknown, but this won't be causing a problem
PSB1 is detected by looking for a service called "BBC THREE". Ah, this is going to be a problem shortly!
COM8 shows as Unknown because there are 0 services tuned on it (presumably what was there has been deleted by someone or something). This is how my box is as well, because there's only QVC crap on that mux.

Why does ribrob have no channels tuned on CH 35?

EDIT. No matter. Post #23 explains. Cross posted.

Did you get a failed recording .hmt file created for the missing recording?
If so what does the status say? (You will need to use the HMT command since, unfortunately, the webif doesn't display status info for orphaned hmt files)
no hmt file. it totally disappeared. had I not checked the schedule backup I would've thought I did not schedule it.

Your MUX info. shows that you are only receiving from one transmitter, i.e. Crystal Palace, I would have expected CH23 to show BBC A and CH35 to show COM8 rather than Unknown, but this won't be causing a problem

Ok. I'll start keep track of the channels of the programs failing to see if there's any pattern there.

Rob

Back