Scheduling HD

danco

I have an HDR-Fox T2 with the customised firmware.

Until recently when I used the EPG to schedule a recording I got offered the option to make the recording in HD even when I had chosen an SD channel. But lately this optio is not appearing although the program is available in HD.

I'm wondering if there has been a change in the way scheduling works, or if there was something I set ages ago and have forgotten about. If there is a setting that disables HD when the free space is below a chosen level it could well have kicked in recently.

Is it on any HD channel?
I don't think it will offer this unless the programme is in the schedule. I've found a couple of times lately that BBC1 HD has been very slow to populate, so if you are scheduling while is blank you probably won't get the offer.

Why don't you schedule directly on the HD channel?

I noticed this a couple of weeks ago and it has occasionally popped up in the past. I think it's a BBC problem. It will probably return to normal in it's own time.

Until recently when I used the EPG to schedule a recording I got offered the option to make the recording in HD even when I had chosen an SD channel. But lately this optio is not appearing although the program is available in HD.
I haven't seen any of these prompts on BBC channels recently; I would guess that it is a problem introduced by whatever changes at the BBC also caused problems with accurate recording. I suggest you go the BBC web site and lodge a complaint (NB use the complaint procedure rather just providing feedback because you will at least get a response).

I think that quite a few people will be pleased that this "View in HD" (or whatever) nag is not there.

Many thanks. The free space on my hard drive had dropped a fair bit recently (mainly because I had missed Line of Duty the first time round and so binge-recorded and watched four series), so I was not sure if I might have set things to avoid HD with less free space.

As it's a BBC thing, it's not a real problem for me.

Back