Screen Saver kicks in a couple of minutes after starting play

antipodean

I have had a queer thing happening for a couple of nights now, where I start playing a recorded program, and after the screen saver timeout period the screen saver kicks in. A quick press of the 'OK' button clears the screen saver, and the program plays to the end fine without any more screen saver.

Anybody else seen this?

Box was bought in Dec, standard software. Location Oxford.

I did try turning it off for about 15 seconds, which should be enough to discharge anything in there. It does then have to do a full rebbot anyway, so any dat astuctures should get re-initialised.

It didn't make any difference though.

I did try turning it off for about 15 seconds, which should be enough to discharge anything in there. It does then have to do a full rebbot anyway, so any dat astuctures should get re-initialised.

It didn't make any difference though.

The power supply capacitors in my Foxsat-hdr keep it alive for up to 30 seconds when in low power standby.

Pause a playback or a timeshift or iPlayer (or bring up an untuned channel) for a couple of minutes and you'll get the screen saver (a 6-digit flip-over clock that bounces around a black screen).

Pause a playback or a timeshift or iPlayer (or bring up an untuned channel) for a couple of minutes and you'll get the screen saver (a 6-digit flip-over clock that bounces around a black screen).

or 'watch' a radio program :)
i got round to recording and playing a radio program...
i wondered what it might do and teh screensaver came on as it played sounding like OP actually but useful for radio not so much tv heh!

Back