Script to sort video by type?

Nosferatu

I realise we have sweeper which is great for parsing all content..

but is there no simple script to sort type gameshow, childrens etc into the folder that the epg calls the type?

What you are calling "type" we call "genre". There is a sweeper rule for sorting based on recording genre.

What I call genre

is what the Humax EPG calls type...

Type Leisure (10) :) I'll take a look at it - thanks!

Is there a rule set you can think of that will sort by genre and create folders on that genre? Or do you have to create a rule for each genre.

Thanks, just trying to find the least resource intensive way of doing it.

Last edited:
Just create a rule for each genre you are interested in - I can't imagine that's all of them. You can put a catch-all rule at the end which diverts any non-matching genres to "other".

errrr... I don't actually watch television ..

I just thought it would be kinda neat to autosort genres to their own folders

It seems like a really powerfull ifthenthisthat type app and I'm just surprised you can't seem to create folders from variables?

Just hasn't been added so far.

So you don't watch TV? That means you must be managing TV for other members of the household, so "you" becomes a collective.

hah :) that's true... Although to be honest they have no idea what it does, or the monkey in the background, making it do things they believe just work out the box

I just thought it would be kinda neat to autosort genres to their own folders

It seems like a really powerfull ifthenthisthat type app and I'm just surprised you can't seem to create folders from variables?

You can, just use %genre somewhere in the destination folder name.
In fact that's the exact example given in the Wiki documentation at http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Sweeper#Tokens

(sorry for the late reply - somehow missed this thread!)

Back