SD or HD onto an iPad (via mac)

I have an iPad and quite like the idea of getting some of my program content onto it for watching while out and about.

Would it just be a matter of utilising unencrypt via the custom firmware and then FTPing the file to my mac for encoding by Handbrake?

Thanks for any advice :)

You do not absolutely need the custom software for this, a copy to USB drive (for a StDef recording) or Foxy manipulation and then the copy (for HiDef) gets you an unencrypted .ts file that can be viewed using a suitable media player.

Buzz player can download content straight from your Humax to an iPad for later playback - not the prettiest interface but it works a treat. For HD content you just need to have installed the auto-unprotect custom package then it works in the same way.

I've got ipad 2 and used aceplayer to download and play sd content, works well can access media via dlna (enable sharing on humax) no jailbreak or custom firmware needed you can stream or download for offline viewing (on plane etc)

For hd I've enabled auto unprotect on humax but aceplayer wouldn't play - stutters, I'm jailbroken so I tried xbmc which will play 1080p mkv at full speed but had trouble seeing hd files on dlna - I tried one which started but then froze after 10 mins :-( both apps have ftp option but I get error connecting to humax hdr fox t 2 :-(

Let me know how you get on, I have tried downloading hd prog to avplayerHD and also vmplayer lite but they still judder.

Regards

Damian

Back