Season Schedule

When a new season of a series starts, the current schedule for it does not recognise it and you have to create a new schedule, e.g I had a series link schedule for Eureka, but when season 4 starts today the schedule will not record it so I have to create a new schedule for each new season.

Is there a fix for this ?

Last edited:
When a new season of a series starts the current schedule for it does not recognise it and you have to create a new schedule, e.g I had a series link schedule for Eureka, but when season 4 starts today the schedule will not record it so I have to create a new schedule for each new season.

That is a job for the Remote Scheduling Auto Scheduler function

Thanks MymsMan for your reply.

Where is the remote scheduler package ?, I don't see it in available packages to download.
Is it TVDB in the settings menu ?

Last edited:
It is the rs package with an email address setting on the settings page.
You need to logon with that email to rs.hpkg.tv

Yep, as MymsMan says, RS is our solution to this problem.
One thing that was suggested in the past which has never been implemented is to allow clicking on a finished series in RS and selecting an option to say 'watch for new series' or something similar. That wouldn't be too hard to add, I'll have to put it on my to-do list.

Ok, found it, thanks MymsMan, and to add it to a menu would be great, thanks af123, it's quite easy to miss an episode with the current series schedule.

One thing I find useful is to have RS email me each day with anything new that appears in the schedule with the word New: at the start of the name. That way I can quickly look through and click the link if I want to record anything.

When a new season of a series starts the current schedule for it does not recognise it and you have to create a new schedule, e.g I had a series link schedule for Eureka, but when season 4 starts today the schedule will not record it so I have to create a new schedule for each new season.

Nobody in the above has explained why this is.

The problem is the Content Reference ID (CRID) codes that are used to link an EPG entry to the actual transmission. If the broadcasters don't use the same Series CRID for the next series, the recorder doesn't know to record it (and even if they do, if the next series is more than 90 days after the end of the last series the recording reservation will have been deleted anyway).

Using the RS service via the web provides a persistent text search which can alert you to a new event and/or automatically send a recording reservation to your HDR (which works even better with RTS enabled in WebIF advanced settings). Hell, you can even set a recording you forgot to set before you went out!

Things Every... (click) section 9.

Yep, as MymsMan says, RS is our solution to this problem.
One thing that was suggested in the past which has never been implemented is to allow clicking on a finished series in RS and selecting an option to say 'watch for new series' or something similar. That wouldn't be too hard to add, I'll have to put it on my to-do list.
Isn't that what the "Refresh Rule" button does? If not, then what does it do???
Hell, you can even set a recording you forgot to set before you went out!
I want a setting that allows me to record it after I've missed it!

But then you would not have missed it and you wouldn't need the setting.

Or was that a reference to post #1 and the first episode of series 4 of Eureka?

Isn't that what the "Refresh Rule" button does? If not, then what does it do???
The suggestion is to create a new Auto schedule rule from an expired recording schedule entry so that you don;t have to type in the details to create the initial rule
Thats when iplayer comes into its own- pity that the portal is so flaky

Here's an idea: use RS to create a hive of users HDRs so that every single programme on every single channel gets recorded (with a few days expiry), then if anyone requests a past programme (within the participating set) it gets uploaded to RS for subsequent download to the requesting HDR. It would be a killer on upload bandwidth and broadband usage limits though!

In my case: 12 GB aggregate download and upload per month, with a 3Mbps down / 0.8Mbps up connection (and often much slower).

Back