Second Hand Prices

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
A 1TB unit listed as "not working" I was watching on eBay just sold for £33 + £6.99 P&P! I figured it might be an easy fix for somebody in the know, but there were no guarantees and that's a £40 gamble.

The reason I was looking is to replace my spare - HDR5 having been put into service with a friend (and it's brand new out of the box!). I've done a "buy now" on a 500GB (used of course) for £54.95 inc. More fool the seller - one I have been watching has an hour to go and is already £49.90 inc.

A 1TB unit listed as "not working" I was watching on eBay just sold for £33 + £6.99 P&P! I figured it might be an easy fix for somebody in the know, but there were no guarantees and that's a £40 gamble.
Anybody here the buyer?

There are quite a few on Facebook Marketplace for between £20 and £55 but you can of course haggle.

Last edited:
There's one on the bay for 19.99 with 4 days to go.
And quite a few others at far less than £100

Collection only for £30 - worth somebody picking that up if they're in the area.

There's one on the bay for 19.99 with 4 days to go.
And quite a few others at far less than £100
It might be informative to maintain a monitor on prices, although the existence of a monitor might also influence prices. What do we think?

It might be informative to maintain a monitor on prices, although the existence of a monitor might also influence prices. What do we think?
On the desktop version of eBay you can filter/select results to show completed or sold listings. You don't need to watch individual items as they run down.
That gives a good indication of the sort of prices stuff is going for, and if you look at completed rather than just sold, the stuff that isn't selling.
These selections are in the left side search menu, near the bottom. I haven't used an eBay app for ages but I couldn't find those options when I did - may be different now.

I paid £55.25 for my 500GB one on ebay on 16th Nov.

There are also some on cex.co.uk and you get a guarantee with them, I originally bought from them but it had an issue with the HDMI so I sent it back.

Bought HUMAX HDR T2 500GB from FB Mkt Place for £20, paid the postage, all gd, remote not great, but use One4All 4in1 anyway.

Put the mods on it, to auto decrypt HD, just upgraded internal HD to 1TB via Clone Partition with 3rd Party Program.

£20 T2 & £20 Sata3 HD = £40 Deal!

Good advice, is good advice! Look at all the loose rambling conversations on here, so enough said! Do other ppl get bad reactions or absolutely ridiculous counter arguements for a valid alternative to a fairly obscure method.

Do other ppl get bad reactions or absolutely ridiculous counter arguements for a valid alternative to a fairly obscure method.
Frequently I'm afraid. Some grumpy old buggers on here, so don't take it personally. There is a lot of good info buried in here, but sometimes you just have to do a bit of "Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's off to ..." etc to chip it out. :)

Big ups to the person who figured out the hdf upgrade & package mods, guess to them cloning partitions isn't complicated

Which is the very reason I added about Clone Partition is my 1st working go when upgrade from 500Gb to 1TB. Purely because the Commodore 64 approach of Portal Maintenance mode seemed a bit archaic, but if the well established only way to go for HD bigger then 2TB, maybe the reason why many here are so protective over formatting a drive? Surely this Forum is to help ppl to do it themselves, why try to overcomplicate a simple process?

My HDR T2 from eBay was just under £48 Inc postage in December. I had watched several. Remote is a good copy but buttons not easy. Using my old one. Tamper seal is intact and cosmetics look new. Suspect it's a factory refurb. Loader V 7.31. serial number/MAC label rather dog-eared

Back