Second Humax refusing ftp connection

surefire

Hi Chaps
Decided to connect up my spare HDR Fox T2 recently and thought I would send some recordings to it via FTP commander. Problem is it's refusing a connection with an error "500 Connection refused (Winsock error #10061)" reported in FTP commander.

My original Humax connects just fine and will connect to FTP commander to receive recordings with no issue. It's just this spare one won't play ball. The two boxes seem pretty much identical: same customized software version, same installed packages, same settings. I have access the Webif interfaces of both at the same time and have done a cross comparison of their settings. Just wondered if any of you chaps could shed light on the subject. Short of re-installing the customised software, I've run out of ideas.

Thanks.

Check whether you have disabled the built in (unreliable) FTP server and have installed the betaftp package and that is is running (services menu)

Can you access the spare machine via telnet?

Check you have either betaftpd installed and Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> FTP Server = OFF, or vice versa. You must not have them both enabled at the same time.

Wow you guys are quick. Just installed the betaftpd package and disabled the built in FTP server as suggested and hey presto, FTP commander now connects smoooooth.

Thanks for the solution chaps.

Back