Second problem

trog

I noticed late last night that the following channels were only giving me a blank black screen. ITV, ITV+1, ch4, ch4+1, CH5, E4, E4+1, Film4, More4, ITV2. All other channels were fine. I could receive all channels on my TV using its Freeview tuner so it had to be an Aura fault. The problem was still there this morning. I did not fancy having to retune and set up my favourites again so I pulled out the power lead (No simple power switch on an Aura) and luckily powering up again solved the issue.

I've found the Aura to be plagued with odd intermittent faults including the one that you describe. Rather than a power cycle, if (when) it happens again try pulling up the list of recordings which may display, play one for a few seconds and then stop playback and go back to live TV which works for me. The worst fault that I experience now and again is a broken recording with an explanation that power was lost (it wasn't). This became very frustrating especially with single episodes in a series being lost that I now have my old FVP5000 programmed as a backup for everything which remains reliable. Things have also improved with this fault after leaving the broken recordings on the device rather than erase them which makes me wonder whether the HDD is failing (on a device that is now just a year old by a few days).

I've found the Aura to be plagued with odd intermittent faults including the one that you describe. Rather than a power cycle, if (when) it happens again try pulling up the list of recordings which may display, play one for a few seconds and then stop playback and go back to live TV which works for me. The worst fault that I experience now and again is a broken recording with an explanation that power was lost (it wasn't). This became very frustrating especially with single episodes in a series being lost that I now have my old FVP5000 programmed as a backup for everything which remains reliable. Things have also improved with this fault after leaving the broken recordings on the device rather than erase them which makes me wonder whether the HDD is failing (on a device that is now just a year old by a few days).
I have had a few of those power lost problems and I have only been using my Aura for a month.

Back