Seeing Foxt2 Still On BBC red button in morning.

Andybrody

Hi last few days I have found my HDRFoxT2 left switched on BBC Red Button in the morning.
I have Disable DSO and OTA both of which I have uninstalled and reinstalled both but no change to the problem.
The schedule shows
BBC One HD wake up at 00:15 (no duration)
BBC One HD wake up at 00:30 (no duration)
BBC Red Button 04:20 (duration 00:20)
Hope someone can help
Thanks
Andy

That is working as designed though I don't know why you have wakeups at 00:15 & 00:30

You can either edit the Red button event to a channel of your choice or install the poweron-channel package to set the start up setting

What's the mystery? Red Button isn't a mystery, that's what you expect with disable-ota (and it can be changed if you want).

Hi I know that red button for is the preferred choice for disable-ota, the problem is that the fox is not switching to standby after 20mins it is staying switched on until I switch it off in the morning when I get down stairs.
I not sure if it is switching off after the two earlier wake ups @ 00:15 and 00:30 what ever they are for.

Hi all
As I thought, deleted the two random wake ups.
Found the HDR still switched on and running on BBC Red Button at 7AM this morning.
Any ideas appreciated.

Another experiment is to turn the PVR off with the remote control when there is no recording active or due in the next future.
Ensure the machine fully shuts down and that you cannot access the webif.

There is a problem known as 'delinquent half awake' where the machine fails to enter full standby state and wakes up quickly without going through the full boot cycle,

Another experiment is to turn the PVR off with the remote control when there is no recording active or due in the next future.
Ensure the machine fully shuts down and that you cannot access the webif.

There is a problem known as 'delinquent half awake' where the machine fails to enter full standby state and wakes up quickly without going through the full boot cycle,
Yep that works fine.
Another thing I have just noticed not sure if it normal or if it has just started when switching off with remote the channel list pops up on screen when you first push standby on remote or touching front power switch.

Have you mains power cycled it?
Unless you are jesting, "sociable hours" means during the day when you can sit and watch what it's doing.

Another thing I have just noticed not sure if it normal or if it has just started when switching off with remote the channel list pops up on screen when you first push standby on remote or touching front power switch.
That's weird.

Sounds to me like you need a full system reset.

Have you mains power cycled it?
Not as yet
Unless you are jesting, "sociable hours" means during the day when you can sit and watch what it's doing.
I realized what "social hours" meant I just could not find setting to change time to see what happened LOL.
That's weird.

Sounds to me like you need a full system reset.
Interestingly last week I ended up with the FOX having to have a forced re-tune/install that I did not want when I switched on one morning,
maybe this has caused these problems, If necessary/advised I will do a full reset but do not really want to, as I will have to reinstall everything again.

Last edited:
I realized what "social hours" meant I just could not find setting to change time to see what happened LOL.
Guide >> Schedule (yellow) >> Select "BBC Red Button" >> OK (to edit)

Interestingly last week I ended up with the FOX having to have a forced re-tune/install that I did not want when I switched on one morning,
maybe this has caused these problems, If necessary/advised I will do a full reset but do not really want to, as I will have to reinstall everything again.
A factory reset does not necessitate re-installation of the CF components. The tuning will need repeating, but this only takes 5 minutes even if you have to do it manually (and you could export the old tuning database and then re-import it, but that might just re-import the problems). The recording schedule can be backed up by WebIF before factory reset, and then restored afterwards.

Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> Factory Default

Back