Seem to have lost bbc4 hd

my internet and Wi-Fi seem to be working fine
Clearly your local WiFi is working to the Humax, and your Internet is working to reach the forum... but that does not mean your Humax is able to reach the Internet. If the TV Portal works that proves it can reach the Internet (but you can conclude little if it doesn't).

We would need a lot more info before we could tell you what to do, but a quick and simple possible fix is to power-cycle your router, and then power-cycle your HDR-FOX. If that does not then enable you to sort out COM7 (you will need to retune after updating tunefix, or leave tunefix uninstalled while retuning), come back for guidance.

Thanks Black Hole
If I press the TV Portal button I get a screen showing
TV Portal
TV Apps
Featured Apps - iPlayer - BBC News - YouTube etc etc
I can't find a way to get out of the Portal once in it.
The Back button has no effect and if I press Menu, the system re-boots..

I can't find a way to get out of the Portal once in it.
Pressing Portal again should exit from the portal but it is notoriously unstable and liable to cause re-boots :(
Within the portal can you acess any of the apps and see a list of programmes?

Can you try going to the command line via the diagnostics page or telenet
(Pin, if prompted, is likely to be 0000 unless you have changed it)
Use clii menu option to get to command line and then see if you can ping external sites:
Code:
Menu version 1.23                                                                                             
Enter system PIN: ****                                                                                         

/-------------------------\                                                                             
      |  T E L N E T   M E N U  |                                                                             
      \-------------------------/                                                                             

[ Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.03.12/3.14 ]                                                                   

maint - Restart into maintenance mode.                                                                     
    safe - Enable safe mode on next boot.                                                                     
     rma - Enable return-to-manufacturer (RMA) mode.                                                           
   reset - Reset custom firmware environment.                                                                 
 upgrade - Upgrade all installed packages.                                                                     
  passwd - Remove web interface password.                                                                     
  fixweb - Re-install web interface.                                                                           
    stat - Show current activity.                                                                             
       x - Exit and close connection.                                                                         
  reboot - Reboot the Humax.                                                                                   
    diag - Run a diagnostic.                                                                                   
     cli - System command line (advanced users).                                                               

Please select option: cli                                                                                     

-----------------------------------------------------------------------                                       

Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.03.12/3.14                                                                         

To return to the menu, type: exit        

humax /mnt/hd2/mod/git # ping -w 3 bbc.com                                                                     
PING bbc.com (151.101.0.81): 56 data bytes                                                                     
64 bytes from 151.101.0.81: seq=0 ttl=57 time=12.109 ms                                                       
64 bytes from 151.101.0.81: seq=1 ttl=57 time=11.910 ms                                                       
64 bytes from 151.101.0.81: seq=2 ttl=57 time=10.338 ms                                                       

--- bbc.com ping statistics ---                                                                               
3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss                                                     
round-trip min/avg/max = 10.338/11.452/12.109 ms                                                               
humax /mnt/hd2/mod/git # ping -w 3 hpkg.tv                                                                     
PING hpkg.tv (89.248.55.75): 56 data bytes                                                                     
64 bytes from 89.248.55.75: seq=0 ttl=244 time=15.950 ms                                                       
64 bytes from 89.248.55.75: seq=1 ttl=244 time=17.214 ms                                                       
64 bytes from 89.248.55.75: seq=2 ttl=244 time=13.921 ms                                                       

--- hpkg.tv ping statistics ---                                                                               
3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0% packet loss                                                     
round-trip min/avg/max = 13.921/15.695/17.214 ms                                                               
humax /mnt/hd2/mod/git #

Thanks you MymsMan
I've tried to update which was unsuccessful, so I unistalled tunefix and tried to re-install but got this message-
I tried updating All Packages and got the same message

No idea what it means really, but my internet and Wi-Fi seem to be working fine

Thanks
Pete
That pic looks similar to mine when:
Using WiFi and the HDR has forgotten the gateway IP (but remembered the other IP settings).
Use the HDR menu and check WiFi settings especially the gateway IP

Thanks again BH

I've gone to the Diags tab but not sure how to get to the command line prompt
Which option do I need?
and do I just need to copy/past the above?

Attachments

• t.JPG
    t.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 7
Update..

I tried updating All Packages again - and this time it worked!
I done a manual re-tune and BBC4 HD is now in the list at 106

I've no idea what the cause was or the remedy, but I think it's all Ok again now
Will be back if it's not

Thanks again for your help guys - especially BH who has helped me on several previous occasions

All the best until next time :)

Attachments

• u.JPG
    u.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 10
Back