Seem to have lost bbc4 hd

So you need to check the tunefix configuration and see if there is something that would inadvertently erase mux 55.

The point is that tunefix does its stuff on boot, so if it is configured to remove mux 55 it would do exactly what you describe. The easy way to check is to uninstall tunefix - that prevents it working, so you can then retune UHF Ch55, get FOUR HD back, and reboot to prove it doesn't disappear this time.

Reinstalling tunefix will reinstate the configuration.

I have an interesting issue, with the June re-tune. When I do a re-tune, it finds COM7 on CH55 (Rowridge Tx) and finds BBC FOUR HD. The Humax reports 50% signal strength and 100% quality and I can view BBC FOUR HD. However, every time I power cycle / reboot the Humax all the COM7 channel disappear? So can no longer select BBC FOUR HD for example.

Any ideas??

Had the exact same problem, a reset to factory settings solved it. Don't know if it's relevant, but I'm on Rowridge as well.

I have done the re-tuning with and without trying to re-number the channels and every time BBC FOUR HD dispersal after a reboot.
The answer will be in the files /mod/boot/tunefix.conf and /tmp/xinit.log, both of which can be got at using either the WebIf's Diagnostics/File Editor page or a command shell.
The /tmp/xinit.log file needs to be collected on the first reboot after retune to re-add COM7.

Suggest further posts in the tunefix thread, as this is in the non-custom section.

We are also on Rowridge.
tunefix-update sorted out the shuffling and we didn't lose 55 or BBC Four.

Our tunefix only deletes high number channels - no clever stuff. Ordering is just done in our favourites.

Upgrade to tunefix 1.9.6
The powers that be changed the network name for COM7 from "Com78 National" to "Com7 National" which upset things, as the former is special-cased, and the latter wasn't... until just now.

Upgrade to tunefix 1.9.6
The powers that be changed the network name for COM7 from "Com78 National" to "Com7 National" which upset things, as the former is special-cased, and the latter wasn't... until just now.
Why did that only muck up some boxes?

Upgrade to tunefix 1.9.6

Star, that has done the trick and I now have a BBC FOUR HD present after system restarts. Thank you.
My apologies for putting this in wrong section on the forum, as it relates to the Custom Firmware (which I think is fantastic and why I love using my Humax)

It only affected ones that had been retuned, as that picked up the new network name.
OK, I've seen some stuff about that in the other thread.
Does tunefix delete mux names it doesn't recognise then? Just trying to understand what happened.

Does tunefix delete mux names it doesn't recognise then?
Network names, yes, if you have a preferred region set.
In the case up-thread, it would delete anything that is: not the preferred region name and not "Com78 National". So "Com7 National" matches both those conditions and thus gets deleted.
The rule is now: not the preferred region name and not "Com78 National" and not "Com7 National".

Last edited:
I should perhaps say that I do appreciate all the other CFW stuff as well, but most of that is one-off with some support and bug-fixing.
tunefix-update in particular needs constant work ... until it can automate reading and translating the relevant information sources :)

I've also lost BBC4 HD so came here to see how to restore it.
I've read through this thread and I'm afraid it's all a bit above my level of understanding.
I had a new aerial installed a couple of months ago.
My new LG TV does see BBC4 HD but the Humax does not.
I've tried re-booting and switching off at the mains several times over the last few days, but still no sign of it.
I've attached a list of the Installed Packages

PS - I've just noticed nothing in my Schedule has been restored

Any suggestions please
Thanks
Pete

Attachments

• pm.JPG
    pm.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 15
I've also lost BBC4 HD so came here to see how to restore it.
I've read through this thread and I'm afraid it's all a bit above my level of understanding.
I had a new aerial installed a couple of months ago.
My new LG TV does see BBC4 HD but the Humax does not.
I've tried re-booting and switching off at the mains several times over the last few days, but still no sign of it.
I've attached a list of the Installed Packages

PS - I've just noticed nothing in my Schedule has been restored

Any suggestions please
Thanks
Pete
You need to upgrade tunefix to 1.9.6

It would appear auto-update is not working correctly for you, webif is also downlevel.
Try a manual Upgrade of all packages using the button at the top of the page.

Last edited:
You need to upgrade tunefix to 1.9.6

It would appear auto-update is not working correctly for you, webif is also downlevel.
Try a manual Upgrade of all packages using the button at the top of the page.

Thanks you MymsMan
I've tried to update which was unsuccessful, so I unistalled tunefix and tried to re-install but got this message-
I tried updating All Packages and got the same message

No idea what it means really, but my internet and Wi-Fi seem to be working fine

Thanks
Pete

Attachments

• h.JPG
    h.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 19
Back