Selecting multiple files for playback

Digon

I have searched for a package to allow playback of multiple files one after the other but couldnt find anything.

Would it be possible to create a package to do this?

My toddler has folders full of ca. 6minute recordings of things like Shaun the Sheep and it would be good to be able to play say half a dozen of them one after the other instead of her having to shout for an adult play the next one every five minutes.

You can join them together (see the OPT+ button on the WebIF media browser), and top&tail them first (set bookmarks and then crop).

I have searched for a package to allow playback of multiple files one after the other but couldnt find anything.

Just select them all then press play and it will play them all one after another.

Good point, but I have found you can't control what order they get played in (or at least I couldn't find a way), same as there seems no rhyme or reason what order photos get displayed in. Inconvenient when you want to queue up a radio serial.

Good point, but I have found you can't control what order they get played in (or at least I couldn't find a way), same as there seems no rhyme or reason what order photos get displayed in. Inconvenient when you want to queue up a radio serial.
True - probably doesn't matter for a set of kids' programmes though : )

Thanks guys, don't know how I missed that.

I agree, random play isn't a problem for the kids clips.

I disagree that kids programs can be played in any order, right now I'm sitting here playing Peppa Pig in order of date/time because the recordings usually are cut off early meaning the last part is on the beginning of the next recording, I used to be able to reorder the library recordings in order of date/time as when you select all it then plays from top to bottom which happens to be the opposite way you want it played as the last recordings are at the top.

Any ideas on why when I select Opt from the remote it no longer reorders the recordings ?

Scrap that last reply, I just reordered in Alphabetical and it's put it order of date/time starting from the top, typical I post then I remember how to do it...doh!

Reminds me of some experimenting I did http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/custom-portal-custom-tv-portal.660/page-8#post-9804 which only got as far as using a PC media player to create and save M3U playlist files which the Hummy would recognise so that I could link together music files across folders. I think I got it to do the same with Video as well. Now that we have the Webif listing the contents of disks via browser and handheld devices would there be any interest in buttons to "add to playlist" and "create playlist" with some code to create M3U playlists and save them in a nominated location or something like that? Hmmmm.....

(p.s. Hello again everyone I've not been around in a while - for some reason people I work for think that because they deposit a wage in my bank every month it means they expect me to do what they tell me from time to time!!!! Cheek!) :eek:

Sorry to bring back an old thread to life, but wondered if there was any progress on this. I would like to make a playlist file of certain music videos on my NAS and play them in order (or even random order). Is there a text file you can create and save with the correct extension and use this?

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
The HDR-FOX doesn't support playlists of any kind (as far as I know), and there is no means to control the playback function through custom firmware other than to inject remote control commands as a macro.

Back