Closed Poll September 3 retune has broken my Humax

Has your customised HDR-FOX T2 been affected by the retune?

• Yes

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • No

Votes: 23 95.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JEH

Ever since re-tuning for the new channel numbers yesterday my HDR-Fox T2 has had problems with most channels. After some random time–usually around 5 mins–the picture will freeze, the sound continues okay for about another 15 secs and then it reboots.
I am running the custom firmware which tells me that it has crashed and to see the crash.log but there's no extra information in there other than the times.
Sometimes it will run perfectly but switching to another channel will bring about the problem.

Can't believe no one else has reported this problem since it's definitely related to the re-tune. I tried a factory reset from the remote control and I removed all custom packages in the web interface but that hasn't helped.
I guess I'll have to put back the factory firmware but I really don't want to use that so has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas?

As an aside, I was ready to post something similar upto about eight hours ago.

I had the same symptoms and a factory reset and reflashing the CFW didn't resolve it. Then I noticed in the status bar of web-if, that whenever I was playing or recording it claimed that I was playing an AVI file I transferred to the box and deleted because it crashed the box. Cleared it from the dustbin, and everything is fine.

The moral is .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After a manual retune the box was not responding. The front panel showed "pause 00:00:00" . I powered off with the switch at the back and no problems since. At the time I thought it was unusual.

Edit I can't say whether it was due to the retune or not. I have cf installed, and can't recall seeing the pause message while the box was unresponsive before.

Last edited:
I sussed out that I didn't have the latest custom firmware so after updating to HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.00 all is well again. One gotcha was using manual IP addressing - that prevented the Web Interface from downloading. Switching to DHCP fixed that and the Portal.

I've got two Hummys, both of which worked okay after manual retunes. I find manual retunes are best to avoid clashes with weak mults confusing the guide.

Strange how 4 people mention they have had problems, but only one 'yes' vote in the poll at present. I wonder if this is how the Scottish referendum will go.

You can't jump to the conclusion that custom firmware was affected by the retune unless you first establish that the standard firmware was not affected by the retune. And what does it mean "affected"? The firmware itself won't be corrupted, but the databases can get screwed up so that the normal function of the box goes haywire.

Anybody having trouble like this should try out the system flush download (see link in post 2).

When my other half told me that she'd accepted the on-screen message and allowed the Hummy to retune, I feared the worst
However, all seems as it should be with the Hummy, the customised firmware and its functionality following the retune.
[And yes, I did vote in the poll...]
p.s. a large thank you to the people who work so hard to keep this fantastic resource going

Anyone who votes yes in this poll is jumping to conclusions..

After a manual retune the box was not responding. The front panel showed "pause 00:00:00" . I powered off with the switch at the back and no problems since. At the time I thought it was unusual.

Edit I can't say whether it was due to the retune or not. I have cf installed, and can't recall seeing the pause message while the box was unresponsive before.
"Pause" means exactly that, you have paused either a recording or live tv. Its possible its also then crashed at this point (coincidental) which would make it unresponsive.

I had the same symptoms and a factory reset and reflashing the CFW didn't resolve it. Then I noticed in the status bar of web-if, that whenever I was playing or recording it claimed that I was playing an AVI file I transferred to the box and deleted because it crashed the box. Cleared it from the dustbin, and everything is fine.
That sounds more like the DNLA indexer crash which is not related to the retune.

Unfortunately we can't see who has voted for each option, as the OP has chosen not to display votes publicly.

You can't jump to the conclusion that custom firmware was affected by the retune unless you first establish that the standard firmware was not affected by the retune. ).

I agree. The question asks Has your customised HDR T2 been affected by the retune. That is not the same as asking was the custom firmware affected by the retune.

I voted yes. Yes I have a customised HDR. Yes it was affected by the retune. Was there a connection between the retune and customised firmware probably not (or should I not jump to conclusions).

Interestingly after a manual retune some freeview channels ended up in the 800s.An automatic retune later and that seems to have been sorted.

I'll be skipping this one and doing my annual retune at Christmas as I usually do. All this pointless coming and going of minority channels does not interest me. More4 is the least mainstream channel I ever watch/record at the moment (Masters of Sex), most of what I watch is on HD. And I can cope with the old channel numbers.

Back