Series no longer going into folders

All Foxed

We have been using the FoxT2 for about 2 years. Just recently, after returning from holiday, it appears to have changed its functionality slightly. Firstly series recordings are no longer put in folders, secondly when you setup a series recording it is always set to 'once' when you check the details, thirdly when you change the 'once' to 'weekly' manually the symbol displayed in the schedule is a blue square rather than the orange/mauve clock symbol. Does anyone have any ideas what might have changed?

That's an odd one.

If recordings are set up as single events then they won't go into folders, so the first two seem linked.
The last one (changing manually to a weekly event) is expected behaviour. You have converted a single event into a repeating manual timer event and the symbol for that is a blue square.

How are you setting new series recordings? I can't think of any reason that they would end up in the schedule as single events unless that is what you chose (or if you scheduled them through the green-button book-me or recommended show functions).

That's an odd one.

If recordings are set up as single events then they won't go into folders, so the first two seem linked.
The last one (changing manually to a weekly event) is expected behaviour. You have converted a single event into a repeating manual timer event and the symbol for that is a blue square.

How are you setting new series recordings? I can't think of any reason that they would end up in the schedule as single events unless that is what you chose (or if you scheduled them through the green-button book-me or recommended show functions).

We set new series recordings from the EPG by pressing OK, then selecting 'Record the whole series'.

Yes, but are you then going into the schedule item and discovering it appears to be a one-off recording, then modifying it to "weekly"?! If so, that is the cause of your problems (as per the info I referred you to).

The only other reason for series recordings not to be in folders is if you have installed the custom firmware flatten package (that's what it does).

Yes, but are you then going into the schedule item and discovering it appears to be a one-off recording, then modifying it to "weekly"?! If so, that is the cause of your problems (as per the info I referred you to).

The only other reason for series recordings not to be in folders is if you have installed the custom firmware flatten package (that's what it does).

Thanks for your reply - yes that is what we have been doing. We have just set a new recording up without doing that. See what happens - I will let you know.

Thanks for your reply - yes that is what we have been doing. We have just set a new recording up without doing that. See what happens - I will let you know.
Thanks - it is now recording series correctly again. I think the problem arose because recordings failed while we were away on holiday and it made us start checking and amending the details. I think we now need to setup a weekly EPG refresh as per your guide before our next holiday!!

Back