Series play

Smith

Hi there, I'm new here, so apologies if I'm asking something that's been asked before. I've just upgraded my 9300 to the 5000T and generally I love it (although agree with various comments I've seen that 'playback' is rather clunky) .......but how do I use 'series play'? It is enabled in my settings, but within the playback menu, there doesn't seem to be any way to set multiple recordings playing. I can't find any faqs or any detail in the manual to show me how this is supposed to work.

I'm also a big radio fan and on the 9300 would select multiple recordings of radio programmes, press 'play' on the first one and leave the box happily playing hours of recordings whilst I was able to listen while getting on with other things without having to take a break every 30 minutes to set the next programme playing. Is there anything similar in the 5000T - other than series play, once I can get that to work. Thanks

Series play was brilliant!!!
It just automatically plays the next episode in the folder.
Unfortunately during the last update they screwed it all up but I seem to be the only person affected
In February"update"they removed the Resume menu which listed all recordings in order of "last played", which meant you could quickly resume watching a series from where you left off. Without it you can still start watching a series but unless you watch the whole series in a single sitting, there's little point, because there's no way to resume series. They also managed to break series play from external/usb menu too. I have reported tthis many times to Humax but I'm not sure the people in the customer service department understand or even got one. I watch loads of series from Judge Judy to Law and Order but I just have to play episodes in random order now since the broke series play

OP
OP
S

Smith

Goodness, I'm an idiot! I was expecting another option when I selected the recording to ask if I wanted to play one episode or the whole series. The reason I haven't noticed it working is that I never have the patience to watch the end credits or the trailing ads...... I usually watch 1 or 2 episodes at a time, then delete them immediately, so probably won't encounter the problems you have found. Thanks for the help