Series Recording Request

Ezra Pound

One annoying thing about the Standard Humax firmware is it’s inability to record the remaining episodes of a series that is currently showing, Would it be possible in the Custom Web-If / RS portal to record the next and all following programs of a series after this weeks has started?

One annoying thing about the Standard Humax firmware is it’s inability to record the remaining episodes of a series that is currently showing

Does it not?? Interesting. I'm sure I've found the next episode (once it's appeared on the EPG) and set it from that - I think I did this for Strongest Man over Christmas but as I can't be 100% I won't disagree completely. I do recall once I used the RS service event search facility to automatically record everything it found given that I could be quite specific about the search terms by using the EPG info. That might workaround missing the first episode for a series link?

Ezra means when you try to record a programme that has already started - you don't get offered the series link. True, if the next programme is inside the EPG horizon you can schedule from that.

Equally annoying (mentioned before) is accepting a recommended additional programme and finding that has not been series linked.

Ezra means when you try to record a programme that has already started - you don't get offered the series link.

Yes, To clarify, A program can have an individual ID and a Series ID and I can't see why the series ID flag from this weeks EPG entry can't be used to record all subsequent programs, Which, as you say, may not be in the EPG yet. I usually do jump forward a week to find the next in the series but if it isn't there yet which happens occasionally, It usually get's forgotten about

I usually do jump forward a week to find the next in the series but if it isn't there yet which happens occasionally, It usually get's forgotten about
You could set a manual repeat timer instead and then if you remember replace it with a series timer from the epg later.

Back