Set "New" file flag + metadata

darkflare

Hi Guys,
  1. Is it possible to programmatically set a file as new (and have it reflected in the directory structure)
  2. Is it possible to add/edit metadata to a file (like the epg data often stored in a recording).
My thoughts are related to files transferred to the humax box (usually via transmissionbt). Any and all help is appreciated!
Thanks
Alec

If you go into the WebIF media browser, locate a suitable recording, and click the OPT+ button - you will see an option to "mark as new" at the bottom of the list.

As far as the metadata is concerned, the are currently options to rename the file and rename the DLNA entry. I would also like to be able to edit the description.

That's hardly "programmatically" is it?
What is actually required is to execute "hmt +new filename"

Hi Guys,
  1. Is it possible to programmatically set a file as new (and have it reflected in the directory structure)
  2. Is it possible to add/edit metadata to a file (like the epg data often stored in a recording).
My thoughts are related to files transferred to the humax box (usually via transmissionbt). Any and all help is appreciated!

Since you're asking about non-native files, the hmt utility won't help you.

1. The web interface regards a non-native file as new if there isn't a corresponding .hmi file - that sidecar file is created once you watch it;
2. Only be converting the file to a native one using Raydon's AV2HDR tool.

Thanks af123,

Is it possible to have the files display as new on the ontv browser or does this require native files? and by extension, is it possible to show the folder as being new.

Back