Set Series Reminder

RS is a web service that interacts with a subscribed HDR-FOX (with CF) the provide a degree of remote control while away from home (to the extent of scheduling recordings, or setting up persistent EPG searches which can either alert the user by email and/or create a recording schedule automatically). This was hampered by the need to have the target HDR-FOX cycle through reboots to enact the schedule entry, but the RTS eliminates that.

RS is useful even while not away from home, because it can overcome the broadcaster errors with series linking by scheduling individual recordings for each programme that matches a search string (on various criteria) instead of relying on the CRID codes.

http://rs.hummypkg.org.uk/

Last edited:
RS is a web service that interacts with a subscribed HDR-FOX (with CF) the provide a degree of remote control while away from home (to the extent of scheduling recordings, or setting up persistent EPG searches which can either alert the user by email and/or create a recording schedule automatically). This was hampered by the need to gave the target HDR-FOX cycle through reboots to enact the schedule entry, but the RTS eliminates that.

RS is useful even while not away from home, because it can overcome the broadcaster errors with series linking by scheduling individual recordings for each programme that matches a search string (on various criteria) instead of relying on the CRID codes.

http://rs.hummypkg.org.uk/

Ah, thanks, I didn't put two and two together: I've been using it for quite some time now!

This is now available as an action on an advanced rule:

Screenshot%202016-10-05%2023.43.18.png

And, after a reboot requested from the web-if interface, reminders have been set. Great!

But there are a couple of problems which have appeared since yesterday...
- I had some advanced rules which were disabled and, in the interests of clarity/simplicity I deleted them. Clicking 'Save changes' and then 'yes' leaves 'Save changes' active and, when leaving the page I get a warning that changes have not been saved. Returning to it, the deletions were not made. This is the same if I delete and save changes one at a time, or if I delete all and then attempt to save the changes.

- Loading the advanced rules page produces a pop-up: 'unknown action - remindevents'. Before I left the page last night I refreshed each rule.

And, as I previously reported,
or {title *F1* title {*Formula 1*} title {*Formula one*} synopsis *F1* synopsis {*Formula 1*} synopsis {*Formula one*} } or {lcn 104 lcn 109 lcn 101 lcn 102 } !synopsis *gillette* !title {*mobil 1*} action scheduleevents
is still not setting any recordings.

That's a problem with your web brower caching the old schema file. You need to do a control+refresh or clear your cache to fix it.

That's a problem with your web brower caching the old schema file. You need to do a control+refresh or clear your cache to fix it.

Is the right answer. Thanks!

All unwanted advanced rules have been deleted now to leave five advanced rules, all of which work fine except for the first in the list. Is it my logic, or a bug?

or {title *F1* title {*Formula 1*} title {*Formula one*} synopsis *F1* synopsis {*Formula 1*} synopsis {*Formula one*} } or {lcn 104 lcn 109 lcn 101 lcn 102 } !synopsis *gillette* !title {*mobil 1*} action scheduleevents

or {lcn 101 lcn 102 lcn 106 } title *Horizon* action scheduleevents

or {lcn 101 lcn 102 } or {title {*Have I got news*} title {*Have I got a bit more news*} } action scheduleevents

or {lcn 101 lcn 102 } title {*the apprentice*} action scheduleevents

title *Newsnight* !lcn 107 action remindevents

Last night's log says it was processed, just that all of the matching events had been seen in the past.
Do you want me to do a full history reset on your account? It might be something that was set by a rule which no longer exists.

Code:
 *Auto 11972 - or {title *F1* title {*Formula 1*} title {*Formula one*} synopsis *F1* synopsis {*Formula 1*} synopsis {*Formula one*} } or {lcn 104 lcn 109 lcn 101 lcn 102 } !synopsis *gillette* !title {*mobil 1*} action scheduleevents
  F1 Japanese GP Qualifying... Channel 4 HD [Sat, 08 Oct 2016 12:30:00 +0100 / 01:30]
  ...Highlights: Qualifying is key at narrow, twisty Suzuka, where Lewis
  ! Already processed.

Last night's log says it was processed, just that all of the matching events had been seen in the past.
Do you want me to do a full history reset on your account? It might be something that was set by a rule which no longer exists.

That sounds like a good idea.

I hadn't realised that once an event had been set and then deleted it would not be set again.

Thanks, and just to be sure I understand, I will need to wait until after 09:00 tomorrow to see them set?

And everything was set. Thank you.

I do, however, have several duplicate entries in the recording schedule. Perhaps because some standard rules were duplicated when I was setting up the advanced? Or because the advanced rules are setting matching events rather than series (I'm do that to avoid CRID issues)?

Can I safely delete the duplicates to leave just one of each entry? Would it be best to do so directly on the box rather than through web-if?

Back