Setting Date/Time

StanH

Last year I bought a re-conditioned Humax HDR-1800T Recorder from Amazon last year.

Its nothing like as good as my modern Humax downstairs but its good enough for my bedroom TV.

I noticed that the floating screen saver has a very old time and date on it.

Can I update the time and date on this device. I'm assuming that time and date determine my ability to record TV programmes.

Is that right - does the programme scheduler relate to time and date settings on the device ?

It should set itself from the broadcast TV. By which I mean the time broadcast by the BBC/ITV/Whatever.
Is it plugged-in to an aerial and tuned in?

By which I mean the time broadcast by the BBC/ITV/Whatever.
Just to be clear: a time code is embedded in the digital data stream which also carries the EPG data, along with the data for the TV and radio services carried on that multiplex.

Is that right - does the programme scheduler relate to time and date settings on the device ?
Presuming the unit is indeed connected to an aerial and tuned, you can assume there is a fault of some kind if the correct time is not shown. There are no user settings for time because of its availability in the broadcast, but internal time is normally maintained while in standby using an internal clock (so it knows when to wake up for a recording).

Is the problem confined to the screen saver, does the EPG come up at the correct time?

Thanks AB. The date and time correct on TV Guide and time now correct on screen saver.

Another question if I may. My Internet is supposedly connected to my BT Hub with an ethernet cable but in the Internet settings menu, whilst the Configure LAN sub menu is showing network connected the Configure Wi-fi is greyed out and I'm not allowed to move to that part of the menu so I'm actually wondering whether I am connected. The only clue that I might be is that BBC Iplayer comes up on TV Apps and I can use that app (sadly the only app that was pre-installed.

The date and time correct on TV Guide and time now correct on screen saver.
You need to be concerned if the time is not maintained in standby.

My Internet is supposedly connected to my BT Hub with an ethernet cable but in the Internet settings menu, whilst the Configure LAN sub menu is showing network connected the Configure Wi-fi is greyed out
If you've got an ethernet cable connected why would you need to configure WiFi?

I'm not totally familiar with the 1800T, but I suspect it doesn't have built-in WiFi, and the WiFi menu would only come into play if you fitted a USB WiFi dongle.

Back