Setting up a recording rule......

TonyN

I've read various bits dotted around and can't see a way of doing this.......perhaps someone else already has.

I'd like to set up a recording rule......such as.....

if [ "channel" eq "BBC One HD" or "channel" eq "ITV HD" ] and [ "program title" includes "World Cup" ] and [ "program length" gt "140" ]; then

record "current program"

fi

Is there any mechanism to set up 'recording rules' rather then specific programs from the guide?

Thanks

Are you trying to do this directly on the hummy or using the Remote Scheduling facility?
If you log on to the latter (assuming you have registered your hummy via WebIf), I think you will find the answer under the auto option.

I don't generally use RS myself but it looks to me like it will achieve what you require.

I'd prefer to do it on the box directly, reliance on external connectivity adds another failure point to the method.

Does anyone happen to know where the upcoming recordings schedule is stored and is it in any funky format?

I'm currently enhancing the TV Diary to do searching on the local machine, although I'm not intending to automatically do the scheduling, nor to include the programme length in the equation.
See the TV Diary thread for progress reports.

Does anyone happen to know where the upcoming recordings schedule is stored and is it in any funky format?
It's in a SQLite database, which can only be modified when the main humaxtv process is not running. There are CF tools for looking at the database.

Back