Setting Up a Schedule

quarkrad

Is it possible to set up a 'wild card' type schedule? For example, record any program with CYCLING in the title that could be on any channel?

Is it possible to set up a 'wild card' type schedule? For example, record any program with CYCLING in the title that could be on any channel?
You will need the Custom Firmware if you haven't already installed it (This post is currently in the non CF section). Once installed have a look at the Remote Scheduling Auto options HERE

I think I've done it - loaded packages, registered, received email and logged on/set up. I attach hummy.png - is this OK to schedule any program that has cycling in its title, on any channel. How does this info get 'into' the Hummy though?

Attachments

• hummy.png
    hummy.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 13
The Humax logs into the RS web service on a regular basis, uploads status and downloads commands. It has to go through a reboot cycle before the commands actually get into the recording schedule, but as matches will appear about a week before the actual recording that shouldn't be a problem.

To my surprise I received an email today from rs@hummypkg.org.uk advising me of a cycling program on ITV4, 7th April at 21.00 - amazing. Is this how remote scheduling works - do I now need to manually set up the recording on the hummy?

Yes. In the webif epg or rs epg if away from home. You could just do it with the SUI and remote control but that requires the TV to be on and you sitting in front of it.

To my surprise I received an email today from rs@hummypkg.org.uk advising me of a cycling program on ITV4, 7th April at 21.00 - amazing. Is this how remote scheduling works - do I now need to manually set up the recording on the hummy?
You can either specify type = Email or Type = Schedule, the second will add any matching searches to your Humax's recording schedule

do I now need to manually set up the recording on the hummy?
No, as the automatic entry you created earlier says "Schedule" it should already be on its way to your box. It could take a couple of reboots to get there but they should happen naturally with normal use over the coming days.

Did the email say "Scheduled successfully" or similar near the bottom?

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

I presumed that the OP had set it up for email notification. I also didn't realise that Schedule also sent an email alert.

I have only ever used the email option so I thought that I would give the *Schedule* a go (MotoGP).
I received an email this morning saying = Scheduled successfully (series). (/MotoGP) =. :)

I do not normally record in HiDef so had set up the search on BBC2 so it has scheduled BBC2 as planned.

As some of my searches are Drama/Films on any channel is there a way of defaulting to the StdDef version, or if not can that option be included.

Perhaps there could be an option to select channels from an EPG favourites group, then you could have one with HD channels, and one without.

Edit: Does the "EPG Favourites Group" setting restrict the "Automatic Scheduling" available channels to those in the selected group? If this is the case, you could save a No HD channels group as the default.

If the channel field could accept 'not' entries you could exclude channels e.g. -(101,102,103,104), not possible at present as far as I know

Perhaps there could be an option to select channels from an EPG favourites group, then you could have one with HD channels, and one without.

Edit: Does the "EPG Favourites Group" setting restrict the "Automatic Scheduling" available channels to those in the selected group? If this is the case, you could save a No HD channels group as the default.
That would certainly work if that is the case. I have no need to have the HD channels in my favourites group as my TV has an HD tuner.

At present the RS Auto search is not restricted to channels in the EPG favourites list

Back