Settings All Gone

Mrs Snowman

Hi Guys, I had to format my drive as having a few problems with unit. The custom firmware is still there and we reinstalled the web if. However I can't seem to find the settings for all the packages and stuff I've installed. I'm trying to find the settings for the package I've installed that makes the unit switch on to a certain channel in the morning as I want to change the volume I have it set to. Sorry to be stupid guys but where are settings for this? In fact I can't find the settings for anything, when I go into settings it says ''HTTPS web server'' which is set to 'No' , should this be set to yes instead? Even in advanced settings it says ''Show development and advanced packages'' which is set to 'yes' but there are no settings there either? Thanks for your help :)

If you've reformatted the disk then you need to re-install the packages that you want as they're on the disk.
The package you mention is called poweron-channel - have you installed this since the reformat?

If you've reformatted the disk then you need to re-install the packages that you want as they're on the disk.
The package you mention is called poweron-channel - have you installed this since the reformat?

Hi af, Thanks for reply. No I haven't reinstalled anything, so everything I previously installed now needs to be reinstalled? I'm off to have a look at what packages are still there as I stupidly assumed it would all still be there as when I pressed my 'list' and info buttons, they were still reversed.

The remnants of your previously installed Custom Firmware packages are still on your hard disk, but the 'Table of Contents' so to speak held in the webif has gone. So re-installing the packages again won't necessarily start from scratch, your previous setting may re appear when you re-install the packages again

Ah, got my settings back as it helps if I've actually installed the packages I want the settings for lol :D Thanks af, I've slapped myself on your behalf!

Think my disk is on its way out as it told me I needed to format to use recording yesterday. When I tried to format it wouldn't do it and just kept saying the disk is 'too large' have no idea why. Anyway after several goes it eventually formatted but when I do a HDD test it still tells me I have an 'error 8' and need to reformat even though I've already done it :( What is error 8?

The remnants of your previously installed Custom Firmware packages are still on your hard disk, but the 'Table of Contents' so to speak held in the webif has gone. So re-installing the packages again won't necessarily start from scratch, your previous setting may re appear when you re-install the packages again

Yip, thanks Ezra the settings do indeed appear to be the same as I'd previously set.

Not sure what error 8 is, but you would probably have been able to fix the HDD problem without the format, The Custom Firmware has a procedure called fix-disk, however you do need to access it by using a Telnet session, if you are prepared to do that, it could get your hard disk to a more healthy state

Not sure what error 8 is, but you would probably have been able to fix the HDD problem without the format, The Custom Firmware has a procedure called fix-disk, however you do need to access it by using a Telnet session, if you are prepared to do that, it could get your hard disk to a more healthy state

Think thats what my OH was doing last night Ezra as I found a post by you on this forum telling someone to do that. He gave up after around half an hour as it seemed to be taking forever and he was tired. In fact it was only after he abandoned the telnet thing that the Humax eventually formatted the disk, before going onto telnet it just wouldn't do it as the 'too large' message just kept appearing every time.

Do you think we should do the telnet thing again tonight then? He said it kept jumping from 10% to 90% and back and forth and got fed up with it.

Yes, fix-disk can take a long time to run (quite a few hours), so you need to find a time when you don't need the Humax for anything else, possibly overnight

Yes, fix-disk can take a long time to run (quite a few hours), so you need to find a time when you don't need the Humax for anything else, possibly overnight

Ok, and we don't need to be there to press anything while it does it, it would be safe to just go to bed and leave it?

It depends what fix-disk finds, most things are automatically fixed, but at present a few items will say 'do yo want me to fix this Y/N' which obviously needs a response. It is O.K. to leave it running overnight, do you know which version of Custom Firmware you are running? as earlier versions didn't control the fan properly when in fix-disk so the unit could get too hot, If your CFW is older than 2.19 it would be best to update the CFW first

Ok, think might start it at 6pm tonight and stay up till midnight with it. What are the chances of it fixing it Ezra, is it normally quite successful or are the chances more likely that I will need to replace the drive? Oh and the software I'm running is 1.02.32, is that ok?

Another thing I wanted to ask about was that my 'Airflow_Temperature_Cel' said it was 'failing now' and now says 'in the past'. What exactly does it mean by failing now? I also have a few things when looking at drive that say they are in 'pre fail' should I be concerned about this guys?

the software I'm running is 1.02.32, is that ok?
The CFW sits on top of 1.02.32 and will be displayed in the bottom right hand corner of the Web-If main page, in the example below it is the 2.22

webif-ver.png

Another thing I wanted to ask about was that my 'Airflow_Temperature_Cel' said it was 'failing now' and now says 'in the past'.

The temperature of your hard disk is displayed on line 194, you can ignore line 190, every unit displays the same message for line 190, it isn't a fail, it just shows that the unit has reached the 'Fan On' temperature of 55 Deg. C

Back