Settings for transcoding MPG to .ts?

Andy_R

I do a lot of video editing on my Mac, and I want to copy the results to my new Foxsat HDR. I've downloaded AV2HDR, and successfully turned an MPG file into a TS +other bits and moved it across on a USB stick, but I don't know what settings I should be using when I export to .MPG - I have dozens of codecs, sizes, audio types, bit depths, video bitrates and audio bitrates to choose from.

Is there a list somewhere of the codecs, pixel sizes and audio settings can the Humax box play back? Can it play unencrypted HD files?
What settings would other people recommend as a good balance of file size and quality?

Hi.
Sorry I can't answer your question directly but you could try copying over to your mac a snipit of a decent quality channel like BBC 1 and get the settings they used and copy them

There is a great little app called MediaInfo that will give you the details of the recording.
[Ignore the MacStore $ version and grab the free version below]
http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download/Mac_OS

On the HD question I guess it should be able to play HD but I can't confirm

The Foxsat-hdr can certainly play back HD. It plays back 1920 x 1080 interlaced recorded at 17Mbps from my HD camcorder (joined into one large .m2ts file with tsmuxergui. without recoding). That's a lot higher bitrate than you get from broadcast HD content.

Back