Setup Menu Option Missing (Resolution)

NigelS

I noticed in passing today, that our Humax HDR-Fox T2 was not outputting in 1080p on the BBC HD channel - the TV was displaying in 576i for some reason. When I investigated I found that the "Resolution" option under the Setup|Video menu (as described in the Humax manual) was missing; instead there is a "Scart" option which isn't even shown in the manual. This is strange because we are connected to the TV by an HDMI cable. When I pressed the VFormat button on the remote, I was able to rotate through the options, finally ending up with a setting of 1080p.

Any ideas why the Resolution option is missing from the menu? Is it because of the installed customised firmware?

Currently I have these installed:

Web interface version: 0.9.14-2
Custom firmware version: 2.11
Humax Version: 1.02.28
Thanks
NigelS

You could be right. I know I set the resolution to 1080p when I first installed the box, which would have been via the Installation Wizard, but I was a bit surprised not to see an option under Setup|Video. Clearly someone in the house has pressed the VFormat button without realising it.

Thanks

I noticed in passing today, that our Humax HDR-Fox T2 was not outputting in 1080p on the BBC HD channel

The output resolution is not dependant on the channel, a Standard Definition program will still be upscalled to 1080p if that setting is selected via the V-Format button

Back