Shareware TS Editor (untested)

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
I'll open the book with this (apologies for the duplication from Interesting Items)...

Potentially useful bit of shareware, claims to do all sorts of things to a TS file (I have not tried it or even downloaded it - I suspect my PC may be a bit underpowered!):

http://www.bitstreamtools.com/

Man that software looks the dogs do-dahs.

I currently use VideoRedo but it's not free and the Gui can be a bit of a hindrance at times.

I'll definitely give this a go over Christmas.

Hmmm, just went to download the software to set it up ready for when it's required and got the following:

Buy TSPE Now for only £120 UK Pounds / €160 Euros / $200 US Dollars!

There is a 30 day trial but I try not to add and remove software to keep my PC as clean as possible.

Pity though it looks as though it has some very powerful features, I'll stick with VideoRedo for now.

I suppose coming from an Amiga background shareware has a different meaning and I expected it to be free.

That's not the way it's pitched on the web page! :(

(As far as testing software is concerned, I use a product called Rollback RX which in effect creates a (limited) journalling file system and can completely reverse any software installation.)

Um! £56 for Rollback RX. I will stick to System Restore.

Rollback is MUCH better (and you can un-restore a restore, even switch between various restore points) - the whole file system (of whichever drive letters you choose to protect) is presented in its original state with next to no delay. You can even fish in the other images for files that only exist in them.

You need plenty of capacity on the drive of course, but disk space is cheap these days.

Back