Sharing HD content

I was expecting to be able to share HD content from the HDR FOX T2 in one room with the HDR 1000s in another, dlna server/client. However, all that I can see on the HDR 1000s client is SD content. Is this correct or is there perhaps a setting that I've not spotted.

The HiDef content is protected by DTCP stream, although that should not actually prevent the file being listed in the browser. If you can see the files but not play them, the lack of a DTCP handshake might be the answer. The custom firmware on the HDR-FOX can clear the protection, and then it will depend whether the 1000 has the right codec to handle it.

OK, I'm shooting a bit in the dark here being translocated for the festive period.

As far as I know there is nothing on the HDR-FOX (other than the DTCP) to single out HiDef .ts files from StDef files, so either the recordings are so fresh the indexer hasn't listed them yet, or the 1000 is filtering them out. Try looking with a PC (XBMC or UPnP Inspector - see HERE, particularly post 22), or a DLNA client on another computing device.

OK, I'm shooting a bit in the dark here being translocated for the festive period.

As far as I know there is nothing on the HDR-FOX (other than the DTCP) to single out HiDef .ts files from StDef files, so either the recordings are so fresh the indexer hasn't listed them yet, or the 1000 is filtering them out. Try looking with a PC (XBMC or UPnP Inspector - see HERE, particularly post 22), or a DLNA client on another computing device.

The recordings are several days old now so no issues there. I've installed XBMC on the PC and again only the SD recordings are listed. In XBMC I'm looking in system/files manager/HDR-Fox T2, I presume this is the correct path. What I can see here is the named folders where the series recordings of the HD files should be. Software Version is 1.02.29

That pretty well confirms it is the HDR-FOX not indexing the HiDef content rather than the 1000 not able to see it.

If you are running custom firmware on the HDR-FOX I recommend turning off content sharing, then resetting the DLNA database via the diagnostics web interface and re-enabling content sharing (and allow time for the index to rebuild). Otherwise, a factory default should help (but you will then have to tune it, reinstate your recording schedule, and re-apply all your settings).

Thanks Black Hole. At the moment I'm not running the custom firmware so I'll hit factory default and start again. But for now Christmas lunch awaits.

Back