Sheduled recording strange

I have the BBC Two HD series link for F1 still in my schedule. The last entry was 22/06. I have just added another series link, again on BBC Two HD, starting on 4th July. They appear to be completely independent of one another.

The original is not showing a series CRID. It successfully recorded the Austrian Grand Prix and previous ones. So, it isn't just shuffling between BBC1 and BBC2 that is the problem. Various parts of the F1 schedule are not linked on a single series, even on a single channel.

If you do an EPG series search on the Austrian GP, does it come up with the same CRID as the British GP? (TTOKMT)

If you do an EPG series search on the Austrian GP, does it come up with the same CRID as the British GP? (TTOKMT)

Yes. Also, the Austrian one then shows all this weekend's fixtures, but doesn't seem to want to record them.

The CRID shows on the WebIf but not on the Hummy itself.

Yep, that's exactly what I found the other weekend when bits of the Austrian were on BBC1 and other bits on BBC2. Now I'm aware of it, I can watch out for it in future. Cr@p programming that doesn't allow for a channel change?

HD-/HDR-FOX custom firmware can access a Cloud-based Remote Scheduling (RS) service, we can schedule recordings while away from home (subject to certain practical considerations) using the RS web site - but also create (amongst other things) persistent EPG searches which email or schedule any matches based on a variety of criteria - eg synopsis contains "Grand Prix".

This eliminates problems with series linking etc. I guess that makes you wish you had upgraded to an HDR-FOX while you had the chance (like, today - see http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/maplin-bargain.5225/).

I don't think setting a remote rule to record anything containing "xyz" would be a good idea on Freesat. You might get a load of clashes on BBC!:D

No, the solution is for the BBC/Fresat to get its act together and do the series linking correctly. Even when they change channel numbers.

Was this problem possibly caused by BBC2 and BBC2 HD switching between 109 and 102?

Back