Sheffield no longer broadcasts BBC News in HD

D

Deleted member 473

Sorry if this isn't news, but Sheffield removed the above and many other broadcasts because they said they couldn't be bothered to update everything regularly. We now have a much reduced service!

I may be wrong, but isn't all they have to do is take the Yorkshire signal and rotate it by 90 degrees?

What is possibly news is that we had all these channels until recently, then they were taken away.

So, everyone will lose these channels?

Bl##dy 5G, who needs it?

Page not found.

So, everyone will lose these channels?
Yes. Blame selling off the bandwidth to mobile phone network (basically anybody who wants 5G is responsible for loss of TV). There could be a reprieve if the existing DVB-T muxes switch to DVB-T2, thereby regaining (data) bandwidth.

If you are that upset, alternatives include Freesat, Sky, and cable.

I'm not a satellite user myself, but with my limited understanding I don't see how Freesat can be any less reliable than Sky.

I acknowledge you didn't - but you did indicate it is price (rather than lack of reliability) that puts you off Sky.

OK, price puts me off Sky and unreliability puts me off satellite.

unreliability puts me off satellite.
It's only unreliable if you don't have enough C/N margin. You either need a bigger dish or to get rid of the obstructions (trees?), or perhaps both. Assuming the dish is pointed and skewed correctly of course...

Then why do you say "unreliable sat signals? Are you basing that on personal experience or hearsay?

I wonder where Mike0001 lives that prevents reliable sat reception from 28.3E
It's irrelevant. Freesat is not unreliable over a whole city - that being the only detail he has provided. He's just whining for the sake of it.

That's what I thought.
The only reason that Freesat would "be unreliable" is if the Dish alignment or LNB or Feeders are suspect

Then why do you say "unreliable sat signals? Are you basing that on personal experience or hearsay?
I had Sky for a few years and Freesat for many years. You can't do anything about hills and trees in outside your garden. I tried moving the dish. I bought a larger dish.

I am in line of sight of the Sheffield transmitter. Heavy rain, snow, and thunder storms do not affect its signal. Unlike satellite.

Anyway, if we are all losing these stations, that feels better.

Back