Should I buy another T2 to replace my T2?

If you want to transfer high def. stuff to the new box without custom firmware, you could download Raydon's Foxy program. If you use FTP to copy the HMT files, run Foxy on them and then copy back to the HDR-FOX, overwriting the originals this will remove the protection flags and allow them to be treated like standard def. recordings. Once done, any recordings you copy to a USB drive using the remote control handset will be decrypted and thus playable on the HDR-2000T.

Yes. I've been doing it that way to copy from the T2 or to enable HD streaming (though I don't often bother and stick to SD for most things as usually streaming to a small display anyway)

The trick for streaming (which I found elsewhere in this forum) is to copy the HD files to a temp directory (not needed but makes it easier), then FTP all the HMT files, run through FOXY (1 at a time, annoyingly) to remove the ENC flag, copy back the HMT files, than MOVE the files from the temp directory to the destination directory of your choice. This then allows streaming of the HD.

Yes, it is much much easier with the CF, but it is possible to do some things the 'hard way'.

While on eBay's search results click on either the 'Completed' or 'Sold' option on the left and it'll show you for the last few months.

Well, you learn something everyday. Never seen that option before.....but then I'm not a big eBay user.

Looks like £70 - £80 is fairly common then.

Have you looked under 'completed listings'? There's quite a few, mostly in the £65 to £75 region.
There seems to be an echo round here. Took to long looking at eBay.

Wow, a broken one just went for £54. Presumably someone thinks the 'fault' may be an easy mend!!

If streaming is vital then probably no. I don't think any of the Humax FreeSat models have streaming out of the box and only the old FOXSAT HDR can have custom firmware installed to provide a DLNA streaming server (no client capability).

I never knew this, I assumed the Humax Freesat boxes had similar capabilities to the Freeview boxes. Do we know why they are so different? I was considering one, may have to rethink that.

Are Humax not selling Grade A HDR Fox T2s any more? They were about six months ago. That would be the best bet if still available. It seems to vary whether Humax have any these days, sometimes they do and sometimes not.

I bought a used T2 on ebay a couple of weeks ago and paid £57 plus postage. I've tested it out (as far as I can) and it is fully functional. It is also cosmetically in good condition.

So I have upgraded it to the latest official firmware, then installed the latest CF and WebIf, and put it into storage as a backup machine (or spare parts machine) in case my main T2 fails.

I managed to get one for about £65 +postage, so just waiting for it to arrive then I can install and play....

I managed to get one for about £65 +postage, so just waiting for it to arrive then I can install and play....

Prices have dropped quite a bit then, they used to be over £150 on ebay and it was cheaper to buy a Grade A from Humax Direct. I guess it's good news for us, it means buying a replacement isn't so expensive.

There's still some fierce bidding. I was lucky as it was timed to end Saturday morning so not as much competition. Still three other people bidding in the last 20 seconds though?

Missed out on a couple that went for over 80, and seen broken ones go for 50

And that's just this week ;)

Back