Sidecar queue?

PhilipKS

Hi everyone, not sure if I'm missing something, but is it possible to add sidecar creation to the new queue system?

Many thanks
Philip

Hi everyone, not sure if I'm missing something, but is it possible to add sidecar creation to the new queue system?
Yes, it's certainly possible. It would require an update to the sidecar package which is maintained by raydon though. He hasn't been around recently so I'm not sure if that will happen quickly.

The new queuing system is still in beta but once it's released I will either help raydon update his package to support it or write an add-on package to go alongside his.

Thanks - I just wanted to be sure that it wasn't something that I should be able to do now but wasn't going about it the right way!

Future development would be useful as I often have a long list of files to run through sidecar as part of my 'workflow'.

Cheers

What would you want the action to be? Update any HMT found and always generate a new NTS even if one is there?

Just to satisfy my idle curiosity, from where do you get the "long list of files to run through sidecar"?

What would you want the action to be? Update any HMT found and always generate a new NTS even if one is there?
I'd have thought the sensible approach would be to generate a .hmt if one doesn't exist, and likewise for the .nts, otherwise leave well alone.

Thanks all. How I end up with a list of files...

I trim and tidy up unencrypted recordings in video redo 5 (remove ads & padding), and through trial and error have discovered that to preserve 5.1 audio the videos are best exported as m2ts.

Even though VLC identifies these files as multichannel audio, the hummy doesn't at least not with my Yamaha surround sound bar.

I've worked out that it does identify and correctly play the 5.1 audio if there are sidecar files, so I rename the m2ts to ts and run sidecar.

I have a working files folder which I dump the newly created ts files into, so a way to automate sidecar to run on a particular folder (or even the whole videos folder?) and recreate missing files would be a big time saver.

Cheers

M2TS is the format of broadcast "TS", so exporting as M2TS to a .ts file is correct (for maximum compatibility with the HDR-FOX).

Back