Since we'll all be locked in our houses, Coronavirus

Up until now we have been able to get repeat prescriptions by going to the designated* pharmacy and requesting they put in the order to the GP electronically
My place will do repeats automatically if asked. but I see that as yet another link in a chain of potential cock-ups. For myself, under normal circumstances, I drop off the repeat slip at the GP, pick up a paper script a week later and take that to the pharmacy, then go back some time later to pick up the medications. That way, if there is a cock up, I know where the cock up is. We're still on paper scripts in Wales.

One day I was to pick up the script and it wasn't there. The records showed one had been issued, but it wasn't there. They printed off a duplicate for me and I had it made up as usual. A couple of months later, Boots in town (where I never go) phoned me to ask when I would be picking up the prescribed meds. Somehow the script went to them, maybe stuck to the back of somebody else's. (I picked up the meds and used them for the next round.)

Yeah, but I have no idea where there could be a village pharmacy to direct the prescription to (by definition, there are no village pharmacies inside a city). It took me an afternoon at the pharmacy on the GP premises, so I figure anything will be better than that.
Well, you're stuffed

So far, so good. Walked down to the pharmacy (about 1.5 miles I guess). Looked at the door. Only one person allowed in at a time. Tried to look inside through all the notices stuck on the door. No one inside. Not even sure the pharmacy was open. Tried the door - bingo! Passed the script through a new perspex shield and asked whether they still delivered. Yes - but might take longer. Job done, so far. Came out the pharmacy and had to divert as a gaggle of builder types were coming my way. I then tripped up on three PC Plods who'd just bought their breakfast from the nearby deli. Couldn't keep the 2m distance as one was propping up a cycle stand chewing on a rather large baguette. (The other two had got back into the van). Made some witty comment about him being in the way which, fortunately, I got away with. Then off to the Sainsbury's Local where I managed to find the first bog rolls for a few weeks. Therefore combined doing a job for a vulnerable person, a medical need, essential shopping and exercise in one trip out. :)

Well look at it this way. If I'd been stood there eating my breakfast and PC Plod came along I'd be given advice or a fine. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the baguette.

How many people believe major supply chains will be relocated away from the commies in China? In due course

Only blinkered bigoted fools indulging in wishful thinking. The rest of us know that profit trumps any reason to change to a more expensive supplier for 99% of businesses in a capitalist society. :roflmao::roflmao:

How much are you gonna bet that one of the first casualties once this is over will be the commie 5g orders? Obviously against

trog said:

And I stand by that comment but where have I given praise to the left ? Both parties are filled with career politicians who would sell their own grandmothers for personnel gain. The only "silly mistake" I see is you assuming that someone who has contempt for the Right must support the Left. I have zero faith in either side or any of the lies they peddle or promises they constantly fail to achieve. Both parties pander to their wealthy sponsors to the detriment of the common man and that is nothing more than corruption.

mihaid said:

wait wait wait

are you saying you're neither a leftie nor a rightie? wtf are you?
WHEREVER we look we find evidence of unanswered questions from these lefties.

trog said:

@mihaid Even though I have already told you that I am not a "leftie" I assume I was included in that slur so I will explain why I had not replied to your question or the many other posts you have made since. Simply put I think you are an antagonistic blinkered dickhead and no amount of debate or counter argument would ever change your perceptions so rather than waste my time feeding your desperate need to prove your superiority in all things over anyone with an opposing view to yours no matter the subject I prefer to just let you carry on convincing everyone else here that I am correct about you. There is no need to reply to this but feel free to have the last word as I know you will find it near impossible to resist displaying that over inflated self sense of superiority once again for all to see.

since trog has graced us with his presence perhaps he'll answer, i looked through this post with a VERY FINE toothcomb but still: NO ANSWER.

What you can find STARING YOU IN THE EYE are several insults which as i explained earlier in the thread is a dead giveaway of a fanatical leftie

Awww, you're so charming.

What is it with these people that they can't debate the idea but they sure as hell feel OBLIGED to insult the person?
As I am apparently 'a leftie' it is my job to defend China. I am not going to do that because I think that China is an authoritarian state which borders on totalitarianism. They also have little regard for human rights and environmental protections. However, they exist and we have to have relations with them internationally.
I am not sure how the virus that causes covid-19 originated, I have heard reports of people eating infected bats in Wuhan. I don't know if this is true or not but there is a link to the Wuhan livestock market. China's animal husbandry and food standards leave a lot to be desired and they need to sort this out or people will keep on dying, not just in China. To be fair to China there are a few culprits in South East Asia who need to sort out their food hygiene.
I also know that the US is concerned about using Huawei 5G phone technology as this potentially provides a backdoor for the Chinese state. If it is true that the tech can be hacked in that way then a Western government would be stupid to touch their equipment with a bargepole.
So things I believe to be true: poor standards and practices allowed a lethal virus to spread into the human population; using 5G phone tech provided by Chinese firms may be a security risk.
I don't not believe that covid-19 was created in a lab or that Chinese government is planning to attack people in the West by somehow using the 5G network to spread the disease. You don't really believe this stuff do you?

I don't not believe that covid-19 was created in a lab... You don't really believe this stuff do you?
Before this all struck the UK seriously, I had a lift back from dropping a car off at a used car showroom with a chap who clearly did believe that, and he believed reports of people recovering from it were propaganda. He might have been a National Inquirer reader. Mind you, he was also extolling the virtues of various CBD-based preparations.

Lucky break, getting shot of that car just then - I can't imagine there's much trade in car sales at the moment!

I also know that the US is concerned about using Huawei 5G phone technology as this potentially provides a backdoor for the Chinese state. If it is true that the tech can be hacked in that way then a Western government would be stupid to touch their equipment with a bargepole.
But UK is defying the rest of the western world (and the antipodes) and have decided that it's ok. :frantic:

As I am apparently 'a leftie' it is my job to defend China. I am not going to do that because I think that China is an authoritarian state which borders on totalitarianism. They also have little regard for human rights and environmental protections. However, they exist and we have to have relations with them internationally.
I am not sure how the virus that causes covid-19 originated, I have heard reports of people eating infected bats in Wuhan. I don't know if this is true or not but there is a link to the Wuhan livestock market. China's animal husbandry and food standards leave a lot to be desired and they need to sort this out or people will keep on dying, not just in China. To be fair to China there are a few culprits in South East Asia who need to sort out their food hygiene.
So things I believe to be true: poor standards and practices allowed a lethal virus to spread into the human population; using 5G phone tech provided by Chinese firms may be a security risk.
I don't not believe that covid-19 was created in a lab or that Chinese government is planning to attack people in the West by somehow using the 5G network to spread the disease. You don't really believe this stuff do you?
I agree with much of what you posted but I do not think you can totally rule out the lab in Wuhan as bats are a common subject for virus research all over the world. As for animal husbandry it is not just Asia that needs to be scrutinised, taking a look at America's chicken farming shows that its not just chlorine we should be concerned of when they try to force us into buying their poultry. Most of the western world also needs to clean up its act. As for Huawei 5G being a threat, yes maybe but so is Facebook, Google and Apple and we already have plenty of proof of their dodgy dealings with the American government.

Back