Single Channel EPG Listing

LDW

Hallo. New to the forum, just got an HDR Fox T2, and thrilled.

One question I couldn't find on this forum or on the CF info (though I'm sure it's there) was this.

In the EPG is there a way to display the schedule for just one channel as a list?

This was a feature of my old Digifusion and I still miss it.

Thanks - and sorry if this question has been answered a million times.

It's already in the webif : ) I used to have a Digifision too - great box once I patched the automatic scene generation out of it!

Just click on the name of a channel in webif.

Would the mods please change the topic title to something informative: "Single Channel EPG Listing"?

What the heck is automatic scene generation?

Would the mods please change the topic title to something informative: "Single Channel EPG Listing"?

Oops. Sorry!

What the heck is automatic scene generation?

It was a good idea, but a ghastly implementation. Basically, the Digifusion would automatically add a bookmark every 5/10 minutes. Sounds great - but slowed everything to a crawl. af123, I and many others did away with it pdq.

It's already in the webif : )

Just click on the name of a channel in webif.

Hooray! Off I go to get webif toot sweet. Many thanks!

For anyone who doesn't realise how useful this is, it means you can reduce the EPG view to just the channel you want. So if there is a prog on BBC4, for example, you can find what you need without scrolling uselessly through all the times BBC4 is off air.

Plus you get so much more info on the screen.

Try it!

PS: I recognise af123's cognomen from the old Digital Spy Digifusion forums. Greetings, af123, and many thanks for past help. If the CF has your imprimatur, then I'll get it at once.

Oh yes, af123 heads the BYTs (see Glossary - and the other links in my signature panel) by a long chalk.

My old analogue PVR added bookmarks at a fixed time interval, but I assume you mean the Digifusion tried to detect scene changes.

Oops. Sorry!

Not a problem, I can't join the BYTs so it's my contribution!

...I assume you mean the Digifusion tried to detect scene changes.

No, it added thumbnails at 5 minute intervals throughout the recording. The main problem was that if a recording had scenes then you could no longer use the 30 second skip function, it would move to the next scene instead. Worse, whenever you went into the media list when there were recordings without these scenes in them it would prompt you about generating them (with the cursor over Yes as I recall). At some point you were bound to do it and there was no way to remove scenes afterwards.

They were still good PVRs although subject to the same type of modding that goes on here. The manufacturers got a lot of things wrong in many people's opinion though - just look at the default guide background shown in the first FAQ on http://digifusion.jeamland.org/ - made everything practical unreadable!

I have to confess, I didn't know this feature existed. Will get it into the WiKi Today
EDIT
It's in the WiKi now
Gosh something I knew and you didn't, now that is definitely a first. Joking aside I find the single channel list is a very useful option. I often click all options when we get a new version of webif to see what they do and usually find that they allow faster operation.

I used to have a Digifusion too - great box once I patched the automatic scene generation out of it!

The other thing I miss most about the Digifusion is the 14 day EPG.

I say, af123, I don't suppose you could do anything about that? :hungry:

I say, af123, I don't suppose you could do anything about that? :hungry:
What, the thing that stopped working when the 4-interactive contract ended and made most of us Digifusion owners swap the box for something else? : )

What, the thing that stopped working when the 4-interactive contract ended and made most of us Digifusion owners swap the box for something else? : )

I was afraid you'd say that. But I have faith in your limitless powers. :hug:

I'm unable to plan anything more than 2 days in advance much to SWMBO's dismay - the 14 day EPG would be of no use to me - I'm happy consume anything else af123 produces tho!

Back