single/dual LNA problem lot of other problems

kelvin hill

Hi
This could take while to sort out.
When I connected Humax I only had a single LNA, had no trouble tuning etc.
Now have a quad fitted and my problems begin.
Looked at this site and saw info on secret menu to up from single to duel LNA which I did and although I could see signal levals on both tuners I could only record one programe at a time.
I then reset to factory and did start up procedure and the two tuners came into play(so presume its like plug and play) for recording although I lost most of my HD channels and virtually all the TV info.
I also have loads of rubbish regional and repeated channels.
Done several factory resets but no change.
My post code is not recognised so doing a manual tune.
Sorry about being long winded any advice appreciated

Doing a manual tune makes your box into a free to air box,. no epg other than now and next. Need to sort out why your postcode isn't being recognised. First check the two lnb feeds are connected to the outer sockets (nothing on the middle one). Now using manual tune select 11427 H (it might say 11428 H), what signal strength and quality does diagnostics say you have ?

As the postcode is only there to enable the correct regional programmes, any postcode in your area will do, so long as the box accepts it.

Thanks guys
Looked into some old threads and think I am on the wrong satty. I am on 28.2 and not 28.5, no signal on 11427.
Need to move LNA just a little bit I think.
Cables in correct sockets and must be ok as I can record from two tunners and pause live tv.
Will try to move LNA at weekend and post result
Thanks for the advice
Kelvin

I think that you need both SATs for all the FS progs. The dish should only need moving a gnats whatsit if the one that you are getting is strong.

Thanks guys
Looked into some old threads and think I am on the wrong satty. I am on 28.2 and not 28.5, no signal on 11427.
Need to move LNA just a little bit I think.
Cables in correct sockets and must be ok as I can record from two tunners and pause live tv.
Will try to move LNA at weekend and post result
Thanks for the advice
Kelvin

It's a lnb (low noise block downconverter). You need both 28.2 (Astra) and 28.5(Eutelsat). 28.5E has the Freesat home transponder and a few channels, the majority are from 28.5E.

The two locations have different lnb skew settings (twist in the holder). Tune the box to 11427 H and move the dish a tiny bit further East till you find best quality, repeat by twisting the lnb slightly in it's mount. It's also worth checking the dish focus if it's adjustable (move the lnb back and forward in the mount to find the sweet spot).

Check the following transponders at the end (one from each possible satellite and polarisation) The entry at the end is the actual satellite.

12031 H 2B-S
12643 H EUT28A
12051 V 2A-S
12523 V EUT28A
10714 H 1N
10964 H 2F
11222 H EUT28A
10729 V 1N
11126 V 2F
11307 V EUT28A

12031 H

Thanks Guys
Up in Scotland so it depends on the snow.

What depends on the Snow ? It's snowing like the clappers here in the West Midlands now, unless it sticks to the dish face or accumulates on the lnb face it won't make a fat lot of difference provided you have an adequate dish. A Sky Zone 2 dish properly aligned should be fine. If you live in the extreme north like say North Ronaldsay a larger dish night be needed with a poor satellite box.

You just need the dish setting to a comprimise between the 2 orbital points.

Back