skip forward button takes me to the live broadcast rather than just forward 30 sec sometimes

blimey, I could've sworn that was not the case but now I know this, which I did not before, I could monitor it. It sounds as though the only way you could resume the skip forward is to record the buffer.

I've got an exception to BH rule.

It seems that if you skip backwards a few times then you can skip fwd the preset you have rather than go live even when the buffer is a full 2 hrs.

Curious. It's not obvious to skip backwards when you want to go forwards - I'll give it a try.

Could this be when detectads is doing its magic in chaseplay? I have noticed weird behaviour if I timeslip the incomplete ad detected version. Presumably because the sidecar files are not in sync?

Presumably because the sidecar files are not in sync?
Correct,
The Humax only sees the sidecars as they were when you started playing the recording,
So if you start playing 30 minutes into a recording you cant skip reliably after you have watched the first 30 minutes

Does the chaseplay detectads sort out the sidecars 'on the fly' as well as the main recording then?
Or is it my pathetic ignorance of what's going on showing through as it frequently does?

Have realised that my problem is not the same as OP's b=so should really have started a new thread. But I suspect that OP's question was answered by 'Things Every'.

Last edited:
Can anyone reproduce post 4? The OP's observation does not tally with my experience, so either he's wrong or he's not described the circumstances adequately.

Does the chaseplay detectads sort out the sidecars 'on the fly' as well as the main recording then?
Detectads updates the nts and hmt files as it goes but the standard humax code doesn't recognize that its chaseplaying and doesn't read the updated files
This is one of the listed restrictions on chaseplaying with detectads

no detectads on my machine

be on a hd channel(don't know if relevant)
pause part way say 10 min in.
wait for the buffer to fill up.
then skip backwards a few times and skip fwd works. This is not consistent, sometimes it works. yesterday I was able to skip fwd about 3 or 4 consecutive times then the next skip brought me to live.

OK, I was trying to make it work on an already full buffer. Your use-case is too specific for general consumption - just because it can be made to work (under the right circumstances), that doesn't contradict the existing information.

What is the difference between -padSec and -padOut?
-padSec pads both ends of the ad break, -padOut only pads the end of the ad break but at the moment only exists in @Matthew's modifications and has not been incorporated into the package

You are definitely in the wrong thread now since padding has nothing to do with this thread

Back