Skip to specific time

Stuart Herman

On the HDR-Fox T2, is there any way to fast-forward a recording to a specified time? On the PVR-9300 I could key in a time, say 0025 whilst watching a recording to skip to that time. I can't see any way to do that on the HDR-Fox T2.

Although the key in time function is not available on the HDR-FOX T2 the skip to time using the watching time pointer (or in HDR-FOX speak the play pointer) on the timebar is available. It is not as smooth as the identical function on the 9300T and as a result can take a bit of get used to, but it is adequate enough.

To display the time bar press OK, then to move the watching time pointer using the left and right arrows either side of the OK button.
Like the 9300T short presses will skip a bit and a long press will rapidly slide the pointer.

Nope. The nearest you can get to that (live) is to press Play (while playing) to bring up the time bar, and then scroll with the right or left cursors (which displays the time index).

With custom firmware: there is a WebIF function that enables bookmarks to be set at specific time indices, which you could then use to jump directly on playback.

Nope. The nearest you can get to that (live) is to press Play (while playing) to bring up the time bar, and then scroll with the right or left cursors (which displays the time index).

With custom firmware: there is a WebIF function that enables bookmarks to be set at specific time indices, which you could then use to jump directly on playback.
Old dog taught new trick!
All these years I have been relying on fast-forward or setting bookmarks

Thanks, Luke and Black Hole. Time-bar method it'll have to be. WebIF function doesn't lend itself to real-time using the remote control from the sofa!

Back